• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bedding In Hay

Does anyone else's buns bed in hay?

Wilma (before she went to the bridge) couldn't have straw as she ate it (which was bad for her gut) so they started sitting in hay which I have continued as they seem to like it.

I bought a hay rack which I will be using once he gets a new wifebun but can't decide whether to keep using hay to bed or something else?

Yes, I put newspaper and hay in hutch and litter trays.

Yep. All mine love hay for eating and sleeping in. They get newspaper, straw and hay in their litter trays. There seems to be a carpet of hay on the shed floor too!

Mine has lots of hay for sleeping on, and he eats it too. I expect that'll change when he moves into the wendy house but in the hutch, always lots of hay.

Mine sleep on straw, in their hidey house, I tried hay but Willow dug it out...

I've never seen my 3 sleep on hay,,,?

Mine do too, I wonder if this is why they pull all their hay out of the feeders as they both do it. We put straw in their bedding area and then use sawdust in the other areas but they move it all out of the way.

Mine mostly sleep on blankets and fleece, but they also sleep on hay too, they pull it fir the rack or sleep in the litter tray

Holiday housing

Just wondered what you all do with your buns when you go on holiday? This is my first year with mine so my sister in law has offered to pop round and feed and clean them for me while I'm away, she's a dog groomer so a huge animal lover herself which is helpful :D

Back