• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jealous?

Barney and Hazel have now been bonded for more than a year (Yay!) with no fighting and the only problem is that they occasionally chase each other but this never leads to anything other than them sitting seperately for a couple of hours in a huff.
My problem is that Barney seems to have a BIG problem with jealousy.
If I stroke Hazel, feed her treats, talk to her or even if she pays ME any attention then he will come over and bite her, chase her and come back and excessively groom me. Occasionally he will bite me instead of her.

Is this jealousy or is this something else?
Is there anything I can do to help the situation?

I think it's hierarchy - in other words he is the dominant one and should be given the attention! So, now you know what you should be doing (according to him). :)

I think it's hierarchy - in other words he is the dominant one and should be given the attention! So, now you know what you should be doing (according to him). :)

I thought this at first, however Hazel demands to be groomed and rarely grooms back, she will get first pick of tasty treats/new toys etc.
Hmm interesting xx

Last edited:
I have two bonded girls and if I stroke Rosie first Pie will bite her she will put teeth on my hand but not actually bite me :shock:

And Pie will always nudge me for fuss first ;) lets just say it's a good job I have 2 hands :lol:

I have a similar scenario and been trying to figure out what it means. When I went to this lady who gave Fluffy away, she came straight up to me and started licking me and hopped on my lap, and I thought she might be perfect for Oscar, because he has been a grumpy aggressive bun at times and she was very gentle and friendly. He didn't like to be petted much and would lunge at my feet and bite if I did the wrong thing (couldn't quite figure out what I was doing wrong). They bonded quickly and Oscar now follows me around sometimes and loves being petted. However, she keeps her distance from me and if she does come up or I go and pet her, Oscar doesn't like it and will nib her, chase her away and occasionally bite me. I think she knows this and hence is avoiding me. The other day I was offering her some treats and he turned up and oh boy, I thought "No, I better offer him some" and when I held it out to him he bit my thumb so hard it bled and bruised. My friends call him killerbunny a la Monty Python, if anyone has seen that. But I love him anyway :love:

Back