• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help. Binx caught by big dog :(

This is so terribly sad - but you did absolutley all you could and he knows he was so loved.

Binky free you lovely boy xxxx

Binx's story has really touched me over the last week - I was so rooting for you all. Just came on to say I'm still thinking of you, and to say it does get easier eventually. x

so sorry he gave up the fight but you did right by him...you did your absolute best. Sleep tight Binx and wait at rainbow bridge with all the other bunnies x

:cry: oh no bless him, he really did fight to stay with you, shows the love you had, I am so sorry, binky free Binx xxx

My kids playing is keeping me occupied but then the the noise fades and I see him. I feel a stab in my heart and I see him, with Belle or eating my flowers or hiding under the decking 😢 I see Belle burying her face in his fur. And him looking so proud that he had her. And then a horrible vision of his broken body, him shaking in pain, then of him going to sleep. I have to stay calm and strong for my children but inside I am screaming 😔

Aw I know how you are feeling - it is a horrid time but it will get better. Sending you ((((((((hugs))))))))

Aw I know how you are feeling - it is a horrid time but it will get better. Sending you ((((((((hugs))))))))
Thank you ❤ it just comes in waves. We are moving again soon. So hopefully a fresh start with new happiness is around the corner. Xx

In time, the bad memories will become less vivid. Grief does come in waves, but gradually those waves will get further apart. I am still thinking of you and your family. xx

Back