• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chasing in play or something else?

Family_Moose

Warren Scout
The girls have been back together for 3 weeks and a little bit, so I'm still in very nervous mode if I see things out of the ordinary!

We've seen the occasional attempt from Sugar to mount Toffee, which Toffee just hops away from and Sugar carries on as if nothing has happened (much better than pre spay & early rebonding attempts where she would chase & keep trying), Sugar quite often approaches Toffee, has a sniff and Toffee hops off!
I've just spent some time in the garden with them, where Sugar did one of her sniffs, Toffee hopped off and then Sugar decided to run towards her, Toffee then jumped/binkied over her and they both carried on munching the grass!

I've no idea if this there idea of a game (fun) of if it's something I need to watch as a possible issue that could lead back to the old chasing/mounting and the break down of their reformed bond!

I genuinely don't think I'll ever stop worrying about them having to be separated and am paranoid we'll be back to havig separate bunnies with all the stress that came with it!

H
x

My two often did the jumping over each other and the odd chasing. (even running directly into each other.) My buck used to mount my doe all of the time, even after he was neutered but he used to give up after a while. I think it's a boy thing ;)

I think they sounds like they are getting on OK, just keep your eye on them if you are nervous :)

That horrible sense of unease is starting to grow as just before I put the girls back in their hutch/run so I could go to work there was a massive chase, the likes of which I'd not seen since pre-spay!

Sat and watched them in the run for 10 minutes and apart from a random moment where Toffee went up to the bedroom area and I could hear her "digging" they've been fine. Am about to go to work and am now totally paranoid that something is going to happen.

I think you would have seen something back nearer the start of the re-bond.

The first few attempts at "dating" saw lots of fur pulling, chasing & mounting but when we did the full on put them together and not take them apart apart from the mounting there wasn't very much happening, I think that's why I'm worried, that it all seemed to go too well.

I've just sneaked out to see them now I'm back from work and they're both sat next to each other watching the world go by.

The first few attempts at "dating" saw lots of fur pulling, chasing & mounting but when we did the full on put them together and not take them apart apart from the mounting there wasn't very much happening, I think that's why I'm worried, that it all seemed to go too well.

I've just sneaked out to see them now I'm back from work and they're both sat next to each other watching the world go by.

Aw that's good, they sounds pretty happy and content with each other. :D

Back