• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Individual: 4yr old neutered male warwickshire

weeble

Posted on behalf of BeeBee

It is with a completely broken heart I am even having to message you and I am putting out the feelers to see if anyone would be able to help me.

I am the proud mummy of my little mini lop Bee, however, my husband is in the army and being posted which means we are having to move into army accommodation. The current property they are offering us has no garden and nowhere for Bee to live. We may be fortunate in that another property may become available that has a garden but that is a big IF. I have no close friends or family able to take Bee and if that doesn't happen I was wondering if I would be able to post about him on the forum.

Physical Description - Orange mini lop
Temperament - Quiet boy who likes to keep all 4 feet firmly on the floor - enjoys a good nose rub. Enjoys having a good run and bink and sunbathing. Will only wee in his litter trays and is a very tidy little bun but typically poops everywhere. Doesn't enjoy having his nails clipped. He has only ever had one bonding attempted which failed, the female bun attacked him and cut his ear and split his eyelid open (2012) he has never had any problems since with his eye or his ears. He is so good with my husbands daughter she has known him since she was 3/4 and he is a nosey inquisitive bun.
Age - 4 on 17/05/2015
Sex - Male
Neuter Status - Neutered
Vaccination Status - Combi Vacc

Health - Is a known dental bun, hasn't had one for approximately 12 months now but has had them since being a young bun with varying frequencies. Is also on a hay only diet as not much agrees with him, although he is partial to some mint as a treat. His food hay is excel dandelion and marigold. He also enjoys the marigold heads that The Hay Experts sell. He is a very good hay eater but will also eat anything in his path if you aren't careful. He isn't so good at always keeping his bottom clean so sometimes does need it cleaning - which he isn't a fan off that said He has never ever bitten me though.

Type of home wanted- he currently has a 6ft x 3ft shed outdoors with a gated area for supervised play. I would like him to go to someone who will give him the love and care that we have. We would be happy for his shed to go with him we just want the very best for him.

Location- Warwickshire
Reason for rehoming - with a broken heart we are going into army accommodation that has no garden and nowhere for Bee to live.
We really don't want to have to be parting with our little Beebops.

Oh, I am so sorry to read this. I feel for you and your family at having to make such a heart breaking decision. Hoping that a wonderful forever home can be found for Bee. xxx

I'm really sorry that you're going through this, would love to be able to help but unfortunately our girl is young and won't be neutered until the end of June so I'm assuming that timings wouldn't work to attempt a bonding...

If you get stuck try talking to the lovely people at fat fluffs bunny rescue, they are fairly local to you and really nice and they might be able to help or point you in the right direction.

good luck x

Thanks for the message. I sponsor 2 Fat Fluffs bunnys but appreciate how over stretched rescues are, that said I would be happy to make donations if somewhere could help :) x

I am so sorry that you feel like you can't take him with you. Is there any way you could have him as an indoor bun instead?

I have a five year old blue dwarf lop who will be looking for a partner, but I don't currently have a set up for a bonded pair outside yet. (The pair I am currently bonding will be indoor.) It will hopefully be in place within a couple of months though.

Unfortunately it isn't up to us as it isn't our property we will be governed by their rules. If we could find a way to keep him we would as he means so much to us

I understand. :( I'm sorry, again. Yet that doesn't help.

I re-read your post with a fine-tooth comb. Would you feel there is a possibility of bonding him with a doe, even after the previous experience? I can only really take on a buck if he can be either bonded with Galinda (she is a pretty chilled out 5 year old doe), or Elphie and Athena (once their bond has stuck). I ask as I see you mention the willingness to part with the shed if it helps to rehome him. If that were the case, I'd still have an issue with transport at my end as I don't drive and my mum wouldn't have a vehicle suitable for transporting a shed and a rabbit.

Even if I can't offer help, I hope you find somebody who can. *hugs*

I know of someone...very experienced with bunnies, who might able to help.........
Have sent my friend a pm....she lives in Worcestershire, so not too far away. Fingers crossed....

Last edited:
That sounds hopeful Di - I do appreciate your messages and support at this hard time x

:thumb: Anything to do with helping furry friends and their families............ my friend has loads of experience with bunnies, currently has 13 if my memory serves me well. All rescued or pregnant does rescued...and all the kits kept....neutered, vaccinated......and oodles of love. She can never bear to part with any of them. And guess who cares for them when she goes on her holidays...? ;)

oh my goodness how sad. what a beautiful bunny, you must be breaking your heart to let him go. i really hope someone will be able to give him a home. good luck.

Thank you Rita- we are absolutely devastated and would do anything to not be having to even consider this option. Thank you for your message x

Thanks Di - you've been so helpful x

Back