• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spayed Bunny Nesting

Clare-uk

Mama Doe
Just like it says my little Daisy bun has decided to build a huge nest with every piece of hay I give them! She was spayed last year so is it just spring fever? Should I leave the nest?

Just like it says my little Daisy bun has decided to build a huge nest with every piece of hay I give them! She was spayed last year so is it just spring fever? Should I leave the nest?

Yes to both questions. Occasionally a spayed Doe will nest and if you remove the nest she will just build another one. The behaviour should not be an on going issue though, so if it keeps happening then a Vet consult would be needed :)

Thanks Jane. I've left her nest, trouble is as soon as I put fresh in, it's in her mouth & off to the nest. I'm adding a few new toys to take her mind off things - hopefully!!

It doesn't usually go on this long past being spayed, but can do occasionally. Bless her :love:

I'm intrigued to know if (assuming it's not a problem with the surgery resulting in hormones still being released) nest building is so deep rooted that it's almost an automatic response to the time of year? Or am I over thinking things?

Back