• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Neo's Dental on 28th April

I'm lucky that my vets is the only local one to provide their own 24hour, 365 day a year service so I'll text the on call phone and ask the question as luckily my vet is the one on call!

Thanks guys, just wanted to know whether I was being over precautious or not.

Ok just spoken to her and she has said...

"Metacam is normally a one hit drug and I'd suggest giving it in one go so he gets the full whack, rather than giving him half and half which may lead to more discomfort as it's a low dose. With his weight he can go up to 0.82 per day if necessary but if he isn't making you happy with what he's eating I can see him any day over the long weekend, or after if you'd like a check up and fluids and Metoclopramide".

I love my vet, bet she thinks I get my moneys worth when I'm calling every day, sometimes twice :lol:

Ok just spoken to her and she has said...

"Metacam is normally a one hit drug and I'd suggest giving it in one go so he gets the full whack, rather than giving him half and half which may lead to more discomfort as it's a low dose. With his weight he can go up to 0.82 per day if necessary but if he isn't making you happy with what he's eating I can see him any day over the long weekend, or after if you'd like a check up and fluids and Metoclopramide".

I love my vet, bet she thinks I get my moneys worth when I'm calling every day, sometimes twice :lol:

:thumb:

Well worth the call! Lucky you having such a splendid and available vet :D

:thumb:

Well worth the call! Lucky you having such a splendid and available vet :D

I got home and he'd pooped and eaten a few of his pellets, ignoring his Fibafirst sticks though, he's been off of them for the last month... maybe because they're boring?!

He got a nice big handful of grass and some large (as in, 30cm long :shock: dandelion leaves) and gobbled a few down in a few minutes. He's liking his dried plantain too.

I wonder if he's being picky with hay as there's better tasting food available!

Why are they so complicated :lol:

Me again :wave:

After his dental he's been eating much more and his poos are much more impressive!

However, he still gets a matted chin!!! They even shaved it after his op to see if it helped.

They have a scent gland there and so I'm wondering if the matting is because he is producing too much?

Opinions appreciated!

Back