• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

slowwwwww bond

emmaclaire

Warren Scout
Hi I been bonding a trio now since 5'30 pm Sunday, they have been in a 2by 2ft cage since, first 24hrs was bad next 24hrs was better but now there is no biting,chasing,nipping all is well but they still don't interact there is a tiny bit of grooming but mainly ignoring each other. I feel I'm making no progress even though all seems well.so they have been together 53 hrs but I just know when I put a litter tray in maisey won't let Brian in it, she is ok with him as long as he goes we're she wants him to be when oh when shall I increase there space

Hi there.Im not very experienced in bonding but just to say "ignoring"isnt a bad thing.It may seem like nothing is happening but actually they are sussing each other out and communicating in subtle ways.Hopefully someone more experienced will see this and comment but I think its sounding quite positive and trios are bound to take longer.
Good luck.

Yes from my experience, ignoring seems to be saying 'I no longer see you as a threat, therefore you don't interest me'. The friendship/positive interest comes next [emoji106]🏻

Try not to rush it. You may think nothing is happening but I assure you it is - they will exchanging information all the time until they have become friends.

I agree ! I love the ignoring stage, it really makes me giggle:) And we know what comes next, the I want to cuddle & kiss you stage:love:
Thats my (limited) experience anyhow & I hope it applies to your trio. Any pics?

Back