• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Total mad horny bunny. advice really needed

Ok I adopted 2 male rabbits. One male was neutered and one wasn't so he did try and hump the other rabbit nearly all the time but the rabbit getting humped just ran away. They had a lot of space to run around in at the time. When I adopted them I only have a small yard and decided to get him neutered. Well.... this was over 2yrs ago now. So I got him done and when he got back from the vets all war broke out between them and they started seriously fighting which I no can be fatal. So one went in the hutch and one stayed out and I swapped them over every day so it was fair. This got annoying as one hated the hutch and wouldnt go in and one became territorial over it and wouldn't come out. So I built a fence and now they have half of the yard each and a hutch each. They now poo either side off the fence (sigh). Every time one runs to the fence the newly neutered rabbit runs up and flicks his wee and gets annoyed which made me think did the operation not work etc... spring now and it's got worse. He is now running in circles and thumping and scratching at the fence so I put bin bags over it so they couldn't see each other. That only lasted one night. my other rabbit doesn't care at all and is so chilled out and happy. I'm worried that my total mad rabbit is getting really agitated and don't really no what to do. Please someone give me some help as why he is so nuts. I thought he would have calmed down now.

So the'newly' neutered Buck has actually been neutered for 2 years now ? Or am I mis-understanding you ? If he has been neutered for 2 years has this 'agitated' behaviour been ongoing ever since ? How old is he ? The pooing along the fence is completely normal territory marking.

Him running to the fence n flicking his wee has been going on since I put the fence up. Last spring I never noticed him running in circles and thumping. Yeh it's nearly been 2 yes since he's been neutered.

I really don't know, it seems odd that he is acting like this after neutering?

Perhaps he needs a woman to put him in line? :lol:

Er ..this year is quite bad for "Spring Fever". I suppose it has something to do with the lovely weather we are having. In the wild this is the sort of behaviour bucks would be exhibiting. It may be hormonal, it could also be learned behaviour from his past.

Back