• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Minnie and Scooby

Tracy

Warren Veteran
I have just put them together in the bonding pen. Scooby is humming and humping, Minnie isn't really responding. He's small and Minnie is quite a big girl, so she's hardly noticing the humping, she's almost doing this :roll:

She has just got a bit irritated with him, she stamped and grunted. Scooby took the hint and has gone for a lie down. So at the moment I've got Minnie lying in the hay tray and Scooby stretched out on the floor almost next to the hay tray. It all seems very calm, fingers, toes and paws crossed it stays calm.

We've done OK overnight. Lots of grooming, mainly Minnie grooming Scooby, but he did make the effort once to return the favour. Scooby is definitely a taker, and he stamps if Minnie ignores him. :roll:

Both bunnies have been flopping and look very relaxed.

We've had a bit of chasing, but it only lasts a few seconds and then everything is calm again. There was just one nasty scuffle where I had to intervene. It was caused by Scooby, very odd behaviour that I've not seen before, he kept pressing his mouth against Minnie's mouth, she didn't like it but he persevered to the point that her patience snapped and she attacked him. She is a very gentle soul, so it must have really irritated her. Anyway, all was OK again soon after so I don't think it did any lasting damage.

Hope it's still going well for you :) My two are the same with the grooming - Butters stamps if Clo doesn;t groom him enough, but he hasn't properly groomed Clo yet (a couple of random licks is the best effort so far :lol: )

Thank you. :D

They've been together almost 29 hours. All is still going well. Every now and again we have a bit of chasing, two or three laps of the pen and then they suddenly stop and all is calm again. They are snuggled up side by side at the moment.

I'm confident enough to leave them alone for very short periods, but I'll spend tonight on the settee again.

Back