• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I need to hear some positive bonding stories! UD bonding in progress Questions!

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
I'm going to take the plunge and try putting Butters and Clo together - both boys are on their own now, and I'd love them to be able to snuggle each other.

I often see stories of troublesome bonding, and it's natural that there's more of those type stories around as that's when people are asking for help. What I need to read now is some stories of lovely simple easy bondings, so that I feel a little less stressed about the prospect :lol:

Last edited:
Bentley and Minnie were a perfect match. Love at first sight. Bentley made the journey down to Windwhistle Warren, he was introduced to Minnie, I was taken on a little tour of the rescue while Alice watched over them, when I got back they were grooming each other. :love: They were always extremely close and so much in love, which is wonderful, but had its downside when Bentley passed away as Minnie was very depressed. Tomorrow I am introducing Minnie to gummy Scooby, now that he's recovered from his incisor removal, fingers and paws crossed for love.

Sugar & Roo took a couple of days, there was some chasing and fur pulling. Roo has poor eyesight which doesn't help as he panics and gets confused, but it still worked out fine. They still do a bit of chasing now and again, but it's usually down to Roo misunderstanding the situation and getting confused. Sugar loves Roo, she grooms his head until his fur goes fuzzy and stands on end. :lol:

Good luck with Buttercup and Clover. :love:

Imogen has gone to live with Mackers and her Benji after Sebastian died. Mackers brought Benji to my house where I had set up a tiny pen to put them in. We stuck them in the pen where they essentially just ignored each other, then Benji did a little humping and there was a tiny bit of grooming. After that Mackers took them back home and within a day or two they had the free range of the entire room that they live in over winter :) the only problems that have happened are Imogen destroying Mackers clean home and garden with her digging :oops:

eta: these were taken the same day that they met http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?437152-Imogen-is-in-the-building!&highlight=Imogen

Last edited:

Photo was taken 48 hours into the bonding.

A trio bond with one bossy bunny, one teritorial bunny and one very humpy bunny!
I never thought in a million years it would work but they are happy.
They have food agression as they are all so greedy and had a spat when Alice was poorly but apart from that they were the perfect bond.

The easiest bonds I have done have always been two neutered Bucks.

Harry and Murphy

020-6.jpg

Nomad and Fred

050-4.jpg

My three girls were bonded with a newly neutered buck with no issues apart from slight chasing and humping in the first 24 hours. They all moved into a new completely neutral 'home' though which definitely helped. The buck was carefully selected by the rescue where the girls came from and she help bond as I was really nervous having been advised against it both on here and by another rescue. But it was trouble free and it's like they have always been together.

The only problems I have ever had bonding have been with the girls the boys have never bothered at all, I don't know if that's just that I've had easy boys maybe

The only problems I have ever had bonding have been with the girls the boys have never bothered at all, I don't know if that's just that I've had easy boys maybe

Yep, I have always found Does to be far more complicated than Bucks. Come to think of it that applies to the human species too !!

On some occasions - my neutral territory has just been cleaned regular territory.
With the group, I just used to put veg & new bun in & watch.

There's the bonding "rules", then there's the short cuts.....:oops::lol: I'd say most bonds are ok. The traumatic ones - I quickly adjust back to the rules:lol:

Thank you all - that's reassuring :love:

Next daft question - I'll have a neutral puppy pen for the boys to meet in, but I need to move around between inside and outside and from room to room. Am I ok to just move them with me? I can't see how I can do all my usual stuff when staying in one room, and being self employed means I can't just take a couple of days off to stay in one room with them (and even then I'd have to do certain chores outside and in other rooms during the day anyway). I'm also thinking that as I need to neutralise one of the outdoor set ups for them to share (they're in one each at the moment) then I'd like to have the pen (made very secure) out on the lawn whilst I do the cleaning, so that I can supervise and do something productive at the same time. Will that be ok, to move them between indoors and out during the first couple of days?

I have never moved mine around while bonding. Its really hard trying to clean and feed the other Rabbits while doing a bond. If I don't feel I can leave them alone I put a divide in for the time I have to leave them.

I agree with Hugo's there, I'd put a divider in if you're not happy leaving them, my rabbits certainly get more excited when being introduced to a new area or when they free range or come in the garage so this could potentially make it harder for you to bond them.

I have a dog crate & a puppy pen. If I need to leave a room, they go in the dog crate & I carry them around with me. I usually bond over a weekend & my weekends are busy with other commitments so I don't stay with then 24/7. Then I have work - so they just get checked on throughout the day by sister, brother in law or bunsitter. By then it's already day 3, so you know whether it's gonna work or not.

It took about 5 weeks for friendship to blossom but Rosie and Pie are now smitten

6b696efb88e58446059e3ec4f62816c1.jpg

Patience and a good bottle of wine for the nerves goes well and some thick gloves too

P.s. was advised by Luna Rosie might not take to a nethie as she had dealings with one before and especially not a girl

Last edited:
Joey & Boo had an initial date at the fosterers (he hid behind my legs whilst she rolled over, binkied & attempted to chase). They started in the bathroom with Joey growling, humping & foot banging for a couple of hours, they were at the pretending to be indifferent stage after 3 hours & loved up after 19 hours

DSCF4309_zpsjnhfgfnk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

That was slow compared to Noodle & Joey. Sorry about the picture quality. Noodle Poodle was the best natured bunny in the world. She pestered Joey non stop to love her & after 3 hours he was grooming her.
[URL=http://s375.photobucket.com/user/louisefoot/media/DSCF3955_zpsfih8w6nd.jpg.html]
[IMG]http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo197/louisefoot/DSCF3955_zpsfih8w6nd.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

I've had bonding sessions that have taken longer but none have been nightmares . Best of luck

Thank you all :)

I now have Clover and Buttercup in a 2 x 2' pen in the living room. They have been in together for 2 hours. Within 10 minutes Clover was grooming Butters. Butters hasn't groomed Clo yet, although it looked like he might a few minutes ago. Clo is totally relaxed, Butters is more nervous. There have been 4 or 5 minor scuffles and a wee bit of fur pulling, which I think is happening when Butters starts to relax a bit and then Clover moves and he stresses.

I have aged about 10 years so far......

Glad it's going well so far :thumb:

I'm currently doing the same, I'm bonding Scooby and Minnie. They've been together 30 minutes and it has been unnervingly calm so far, despite frantic humping from Scooby. :roll: I'm keeping everything crossed that it stays calm.

Yes it does age you, doesn't it :lol:

Back