• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Water Dispensers

Which water dispenser would you recommend?

• Water Bottle

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Water Bowl

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Water Dispenser

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

Lemonade

Warren Scout
Hi all,

I know a thread was started about this not long ago but was hoping to be able to get a vote - just planning my new bunny shed and unfortunately on a reasonably tight budget for buying new things so would rather think twice and buy once! :lol:

My options are water bottles again, a bowel or a water dispenser like this
41OUiLgdPQL._SY300__zpsjwifmhlh.jpg

Would really appreicate people letting me know what they think is best for buns and why from past experience.

Thanks,

L x

Bowls, heavy ceramic ones so they can't be tipped over.

I feel the bottles don't give the rabbit the opportunity to guzzle of they want to, they often get sick of the drip drip motion of a bottle and don't drink as much as they would like to. Also I think those dispensers would get tipped over easily as they are top-heavy and plastic. x

I have used one of those dispenser thingies before, they are good but I found them a bit pointless. Just like a bowl they fill with dust/hay/fur and so need changing just as regularly as a bowl anyway but are a bit more fiddly to change! They are also much easier than a bowl for a bunny to tip over if you have a bun who enjoys that sort of thing (I have 2 :roll:) and they hold quite a lot of water and so make rather a lot of mess when tipped!

I think bowls are better for buns as I think fighting for every last drop from a bottle must be frustrating!

I use a water bottle and a bowl: bowl's easier to clean and easier to frost-protect in my setup, bottle's what he came with and seems to prefer :roll: I'd use a bowl only if I was sure he'd actually use it as much as he does the bottle, but I don't want to deprive him.

I use this water bottle and I recommend it at every given opportunity.

22493_PLA_Kerbl_Kaninchentraenke_1_5L_2.jpg

It's all the convenience of a water bottle (except making a holder) but it's got a little dish on the bottom so drinking is much more natural and pleasant for the rabbits. I have the holder a little off the ground to stop it getting so much fluff and things in like normal bowls do.

Hi all,

I know a thread was started about this not long ago but was hoping to be able to get a vote - just planning my new bunny shed and unfortunately on a reasonably tight budget for buying new things so would rather think twice and buy once! :lol:

My options are water bottles again, a bowel or a water dispenser like this
41OUiLgdPQL._SY300__zpsjwifmhlh.jpg

Would really appreicate people letting me know what they think is best for buns and why from past experience.

Thanks,

L x

I swear by these. All my bunnys have them. Ive never had any problems with them tipping over x

I use this water bottle and I recommend it at every given opportunity.

22493_PLA_Kerbl_Kaninchentraenke_1_5L_2.jpg

It's all the convenience of a water bottle (except making a holder) but it's got a little dish on the bottom so
drinking is much more natural and pleasant for the rabbits. I have the holder a little off the ground to stop it
getting so much fluff and things in like normal bowls do.

They ARE very good. I used one when my elderly bun kept falling over and couldn't get up again. I was terrified she'd fall head first into the large ceramic dish and drown :(. The little bowl is brilliant to drink out of but they couldn't come to any harm. I still prefer a normal bowl because it's easier for me to just chuck the contents and replace every day but this dispenser is the one I'd choose if a bowl were impractical.

Back