• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay rack recommendations

Springfield24

Alpha Buck
Hi I have two house rabbits who reside in a Boyles indoor run when they're not playing out.
So far I've got them trained to use 2 toilets and I put their hay inside these toilets for them to eat.
I'm hoping to get a hay rack though to prevent hay getting spoiled.
Needs to be able to screw onto the run wall and preferably have a solid top as they will most likely jump on top.

Any recommendations? Or similar set ups I can see that you've got please!

Thanks!

I've just bought these for the shed I'm getting delivered next week :D Hoping they'll work as well as I want them too... Going to pick them up in half an hour

5a8713b9-0c3d-4aef-ad0b-60654f17600e_zpsbpcfsypr.png

I got them from eBay - they're just end tables and the underneath bit is a magazine rack! Picked them up and super pleased! Will try and get a better photo later if you want? Will see if they've got any indication of where they were from when i go and get them out of the car.

Hmm I like it but mine would jump in and get their legs stuck
Oh dear! Maybe not then :lol: Mine's tried to get in the hanging swinging type, but it's too unstable for him to make it so he gave up. You could lid it with a bit of wood, hinged on the thing you're attaching it to (wall, panel etc.)? Actually, that's a good idea and I might do that with mine before the buns go in!

Oh dear! Maybe not then :lol: Mine's tried to get in the hanging swinging type, but it's too unstable for him to make it so he gave up. You could lid it with a bit of wood, hinged on the thing you're attaching it to (wall, panel etc.)? Actually, that's a good idea and I might do that with mine before the buns go in!
Haha brill. I might ask my dad to make me one actually. ..although he was meant to carve me a bunny sculpture out if wood when I was 10...I'm now nearly 26 and still no sign. ...hmmm

I know lots of people use this IKEA 'plastic bag holder' as a hay rack. Its really cheap but sturdy and can be attached to lots of different surfaces.

a4546343b5ea0768ce13ad832a40cdc4.jpg

Back