Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just found a baby wildie in middle of road

Warren Veteran

Default Just found a baby wildie in middle of road

I drove by, saw him and thought he was dead, but turned around and drove back to check. He was alive, so I scooped him up, wrapped him in a blanket and brought him home. He is sodden (pouring with rain here) and terrified. He is in a cardboard box stuffed with hay, I daren't check on him as he is so frightened. I don't know what is wrong with him, he may just have been clipped by a car and be dazed or it may be worse. I guess he is 5 to 6 weeks old.

I am expecting that he might pass away within the next few hours due to injury or fright, but if he survives and needs treatment then I need a plan of what to do with him and where to take him.

It's the last thing I need at the moment. I was on my way home from the vets after leaving Scooby for investigative procedures into why he is still not eating following his incisor removal.

I feel so stressed.

Bunnies: Sugar & Roo, Poppy & Pansy, Nutmeg Saffron & Pepper, Baby Rachel
    Chinchillas: Milly & Molly, Gemima & Lucy, Clover & Lola
    Cats: Tigger, Humbug & Rascal

Goodnight Cinnamon, Catkin, Daisy & Minnie sleep tight my little girls xx
    Sweet dreams Herbie, Wally, big Bentley and my special little Scooby.....Forever in my heart xx
    Sleep tight baby Cookie...your time with us was too short, but you will stay in our hearts forever xx

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
    I drove by, saw him and thought he was dead, but turned around and drove back to check. He was alive, so I scooped him up, wrapped him in a blanket and brought him home. He is sodden (pouring with rain here) and terrified. He is in a cardboard box stuffed with hay, I daren't check on him as he is so frightened. I don't know what is wrong with him, he may just have been clipped by a car and be dazed or it may be worse. I guess he is 5 to 6 weeks old.

I am expecting that he might pass away within the next few hours due to injury or fright, but if he survives and needs treatment then I need a plan of what to do with him and where to take him.

It's the last thing I need at the moment. I was on my way home from the vets after leaving Scooby for investigative procedures into why he is still not eating following his incisor removal.

I feel so stressed.
    Poor little mite I'd try and locate a Wildlife Rehabilitation place to take him to if he survives.

Sending vibes for both him and for Scooby.

Reference links for various Rabbit health problems
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Animal Rescue and Care (ARC) SW London
    https://animalrescueandcare.org.uk/

Tracy are you near any Wildlife rescue centres as they will take him as usually they have wildie babies of the same age and put them all together. xxxx

Tuckerbunnies on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tucke...06739326052403
    Tuckerbunnies Rabbit Sanctuary and Bunny Boarding.
    http://www.findpetboarding.com/small...g/profile/5253

Oh Tracy, I'm sorry. I know the feeling, you are compelled to help but it can be a huge upheaval. At least hopefully at that age they will be weaned so much easier to care for. I hope s/he is okay and you can find a safe place for them soon.

Sorry also to read about Scooby, I hope his problems are resolved soon.
    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)

Warren Veteran

Yes I think wildlife rescue is what I need to contact.

I have just peeped at him and he buried himself into the hay. He is old enough to have the fear of humans. I've spoken to my vets, if he is still alive I'm going to take him there to be checked over when I fetch Scooby home and the nurse on duty is going to check out where we could take him for rehabilitation.
    Last edited by Tracy; 12-04-2015 at 05:01 PM.

Bunnies: Sugar & Roo, Poppy & Pansy, Nutmeg Saffron & Pepper, Baby Rachel
    Chinchillas: Milly & Molly, Gemima & Lucy, Clover & Lola
    Cats: Tigger, Humbug & Rascal

Goodnight Cinnamon, Catkin, Daisy & Minnie sleep tight my little girls xx
    Sweet dreams Herbie, Wally, big Bentley and my special little Scooby.....Forever in my heart xx
    Sleep tight baby Cookie...your time with us was too short, but you will stay in our hearts forever xx

Try and contact brinsley rescue they take in wild animals and rehabilitate them then release them

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
    Yes I think wildlife rescue is what I need to contact.

I have just peeped at him and he buried himself into the hay. He is old enough to have the fear of humans. I've spoken to my vets, if he is still alive I'm going to take him there to be checked over when I fetch Scooby home and the nurse on duty is going to check out where we could take him for rehabilitation.
    I'm sorry Tracy .... another thing piled on top of you, and you must be tired from yesterday.

I'm also sorry to hear that Scooby isn't picking up to the point of you not worrying....
    Good luck with the vets - many vibes xxx

Sending millions of vibes to your Scooby and the baby wildie. Xxx

best of luck to you and the baby wildie!

Warren Veteran

Oh no!! Hope you find a suitable place for the poor wildie.

Sorry to hear Scooby still isn't picking up. Gentle nose rubs to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HECTOR!!