• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Bunny Owner - advise appreciated!

Thankyou! She has definitely filled a little bunny shaped hole i didn't even know existed :)
She brings me so much joy...plenty of worry too but i am sure none of us at RU would have it any other way!

I haven't been on here in an age.
But sadly we lost Poppy in Saturday 11th January 2020.
She died in my husbands arms as I stroked her. I told her she could go if she needed to and she did.
She is no longer in pain, she is free to binky around heaven.
The hole that she has left is almost tangible. She pain almost unbearable. But I bear it for the others in my care who need me to function so that they are fed and watered.
Poppy's husbun Francis is on his own. We give him lots of fuss and attention but he sits there looking a bit like eeyore.
We have 2 more rabbits because of Poppy.
She ignited a bunny rabbit passion within us and we are a home for another little lady called Juliet who we rescued 2 years ago, she is 10 and spent 8 years neglected in a tiny hutch.
We also took on Sherlock, our 7kg giant who is basically a dog in a rabbits body. He was kept in an indoor cage and his owner couldn't handle him as he was too big.
This is Poppy's legacy. She made us a suitable and comfortable haven for bunnies that will continue long after her death.
She left us too soon.
She has left me broken.
I thought I would come here and tell you all as you were all here in the very beginning, you should hear of the very end.
She was my little princess, my mummy's girl and my beautiful snoring loaf who we all loved very much.

Last edited:
So sorry you have lost Poppy. I must admit I am in tears here not so much for your loss but for the passion she gave you to help other bunnies. I hope you will be able to continue to love and care for many more rabbits. Thanks for this up-date.

Unfortunately she left us, in my opinion too soon. But it was obviously her time. She had a dental on Tuesday. Always my little dental bunny. I spent the last 3 days medicating and syringe feeding her critical care. But she just didn't perk up, she didn't bounce back this time, still happy and bright, just not interested in food much. On Friday night she wouldn't have her metacam. She was uncoordinated, and we knew it was the end. There was no time to rush her to a vets. 5 minutes later she was gone as Francis looked on, my husband held her and I stroked her and cried and told her she was my little girl and I loved her.
She was so very sensitive, didn't travel well, was scared of noises, a slight spur would have her off her food straight away. She snored louder than my husband, we could hear her downstairs.
I think due to her breeding she was doomed to be gone to soon. Her teeth and face under so much stress from being squished like a pug dog.
But she was the only bunny that gave me kisses, who would let me have squidges. Who was always running to greet me, happy and beautiful til her last day.
I was so blessed to have her. And she saved 4 other bunnies lives. Francis, Cass (whom Alice at windwhistle rehomed after we fostered), Juliet and Sherlock.
She was my world. My first bunny but thankfully not my last.

Your update is so very sad, but how wonderful that you have given a home to more bunnies. Thank you so much for letting us know.

Your update is so very sad, but how wonderful that you have given a home to more bunnies. Thank you so much for letting us know.

I echo this and I am truly saddened to hear of Poppy's passing :cry: I am sure that you will try to continue to help other Rabbits as a tribute to your precious Poppy xx

I'm sorry you have lost your little one. Nothing like bunny kisses and squidges, and the fact that she always ran to greet you shows what a special relationship you had. Sweet dreams little bunny.:cry:

She was such a special little girl. I hope she's happy in heaven with all the other bunnies people have lost xxx
9491d21410641eba492a2f2fc4e1e70c.jpg

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

What a lovely tribute to Poppy that she helped your other bunnies find a wonderful home.
She must have been a very special bunny who was both loved by and loved a very special person.

Back