• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

can anyone help?

to everyone that sent me a message ..thank you very much for your kindness..the day moves on but we are still deeply saddened at the loss of our little man...most of you I see have lost bunnies of your own,and understand the pain and hurt the passing of one of our loved brings...my biggest wish is to make sure Sams companion Sandy ,is happy for the rest of her days...whatever that takes....thank you all kind people...best wishes Ted xx

to everyone that sent me a message ..thank you very much for your kindness..the day moves on but we are still deeply saddened at the loss of our little man...most of you I see have lost bunnies of your own,and understand the pain and hurt the passing of one of our loved brings...my biggest wish is to make sure Sams companion Sandy ,is happy for the rest of her days...whatever that takes....thank you all kind people...best wishes Ted xx

Sam will always remain in your heart and in all the lovely memories you will have of his time with you. They are yours to keep forever.

Sandy is lucky to have such a compassionate carer to look after her xx

Sadly yes, we understand grief of losing a bun all too well :cry:

We will be glad to welcome you to the community (quite mad at times) that loves it's bunnies to bits :love:

Sorry you have lost you friend Sam, it is difficult when our friends stop running but you can take some comfort in the fact that you gave him a lovely home and the best care you could, Binky Free at the Bridge dear Sam.

hello,just a little update...never manged to get sam back from the vets..my fault probably,the main thing now is Sandys well being and happiness..she slept in the hutch last night..she was definitely confused,she is eating no problem..went out to the hutch this morning at 6 to see her..unusually she was sitting upright..she usually was sprawled out next to Sam..the other thing I didnt mention is the fact that I believe she has had a stroke or something like that in the past..she has partial sight and hearing and a lopsided jaw..but she enjoys life..and I want that to continue..we talked last night about getting her a companion, because she used to run about the lawn and flip in the air with sam and i want her to be happy ...that is paramount though if she wants a companion I would be more than chuffed..I appreciate that this may all sound a blurb because I am missing the little fella but if I am then she must be too..has anyone any ideas for me..timewise structure etc I am going to keep a diary of her actions and behaviour,but for how long?any help gladly appreciated..even to say calm down !!!!!!

So sorry Ted never made it, it certainly sounds like you did everything possible.

With regards to getting a partner then I have done it with different timelines. A couple of times I have got one within a week ot two as I could see the remaining partner fretting (they perked up straight away) and last time I left it a few months so it really depends on how your bunny copes and how you feel.

bunny babe..".it really depends on how your bunny copes and how you feel"...think it is really about the first part not the second...that bit def isnt an issue :love: :thumb:

Last edited:
hello,just a little update...never manged to get sam back from the vets..my fault probably,the main thing now is Sandys well being and happiness..she slept in the hutch last night..she was definitely confused,she is eating no problem..went out to the hutch this morning at 6 to see her..unusually she was sitting upright..she usually was sprawled out next to Sam..the other thing I didnt mention is the fact that I believe she has had a stroke or something like that in the past..she has partial sight and hearing and a lopsided jaw..but she enjoys life..and I want that to continue..we talked last night about getting her a companion, because she used to run about the lawn and flip in the air with sam and i want her to be happy ...that is paramount though if she wants a companion I would be more than chuffed..I appreciate that this may all sound a blurb because I am missing the little fella but if I am then she must be too..has anyone any ideas for me..timewise structure etc I am going to keep a diary of her actions and behaviour,but for how long?any help gladly appreciated..even to say calm down !!!!!!

Well I think we would all probably agree that most rabbits would like a companion :) Especially one who's been used to one, and as Sandy has partial sight and hearing, as she gets older (and is outside not inside with you all the time) a companion becomes someone who can help.

I have had blind rabbits and deaf rabbits and a friend is a fantastic boon to helping them enjoy life.

The timing depends on you. You could discuss the situation with Rescue Centres nearby, outlining her health/age/personality and what type of personality you think would fit with her .. i.e. is she dominant? .. etc. They may be able to guide you to a suitable bloke and even do the bonding when/if the time comes ....

thanks for that mighty max.....I think it is a given that Sandy will be getting a new companion if that's what she wants..its a case of timing I guess...

Im so sorry.Binky free Sam.x

Timing wise is entirely up to you as others have said.I lost 2 bunnies from different bonds recently.
One has been rebonded after a week with no problems and the other I have waited for 3 weeks before rebonding her as I felt she needed abit longer before she was ready as she was so close to her previous bonded partner.It was just what suited us personally.

thanks hoppetylop..Sandy is at the stage now I think..kind of like..right the novelty is over ..lets get back to normal..initially she was all round me..and still does to a certain extent,but her whole mannerism seems to have changed..we were supposed to be getting another little rescue,but that didnt happen because of external issues,,been keeping a diary on her behaviour ..and yes tho it is just my observations and interpretations,it def shows a change in her

Back