• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

WW: Easter Bunny Craft Competition

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
We all know real bunnies are a no-no for Easter so thought it might be fun to make some bunnies instead. There are some very creative people on RU so I expect some lovely bunnies, but I think it would be great if everyone had a go even if you aren't to confident of your arty skills (maybe you just need the right inspiration!).

You can use whatever materials you like, your bunnies can be as realistic or impressionistic looking as you like, big, small, glue, paint, glitter, hay... it just has to be a bunny.

So we'll be awarding RU badges as the prizes, for the following categories....

1. Handsomest bunny
2. Best Looking Tail
3. Most creative choice of materials
4. Bunny judges would most like to adopt
5. Best Looking Ears

The lovely buddy team will be judging (you don't mind do you buddies? ... I probably should have asked them first).

You need to post a picture of your finished bunny (be nice if you named him/her too) by 8pm on the 6th April.

Uh, I got off-the-wall with my materials.

I think, anyway. I hope this is allowed as this is my favourite way to craft:

The Wait
by T. L. Cowell

The nose twitches once, twice, three times. Paws raise with ears tall and erect. Eyes scan the horizon. She’ll be here soon, she’ll be here soon. It’s nearly time for dinner, it’s nearly time; it must be time.

Glossy black fur presses up against pristine white. His mate is here; waiting patiently for the promise of fresh greens and hay. The sound of an owl hooting in the distance sends the flurry of black fur flying through the cat flap and back into the shed.

But he remains. His red eyes move warily. He’s not a scaredy-rabbit. No, he’s hungry.

a8a2dd0977be4bd602fc036655978221.jpg

Strawberry velvet bunny ☺

Splendid bunnies so far. I won't enter the competition as I might be involved in judging, but here is my pom-pom portrait of a friend's mini-lop rabbit:

Back