• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Could anyone share pictures of how they have insulated and laid lino in their sheds?

I don't have any photos I'm afraid. So you want to insulate the walls and lay lino on the floor?
Does your shed have battons on the inside of the shed?

My playhouse insulation is shown on Tamsin's website therabbithouse.com :wave:

There's a section called insulating a shed and the photos of mine done with foil bubble insulation are there.

We insulated all the walls and the ceiling. It's a good idea to insulate under the floor too as lots of cold comes up from the ground. The thick polystyrene insulation is good for under floors.

Last edited:
We found it cheaper to buy laminate flooring that comes in boards; so we put some insulation under that (it came on a roll that we cut to size) then we laid the flooring on top and put beading around the edges, fixed with nails.

To insulate the walls, we cut polystyrene boards to fit the panels of the shed, then used plywood sheets to seal it all in. It took FOREVER but it was very worth it, the shed is always warmer than outside and not drafty. We also painted everything but the floor in Cuprinol cottage cream, so it's nice and light and wee-proof :lol:

Not got any pictures to hand, but hope that helps a bit!

I glued the floor down before putting the walls up, so the edges were underneath the wooden floor batons

null_zps31ffcc72.jpg

Then cut polystyrene and fitted between batons (warning, very messy!)

null_zps450552f9.jpg

Then covered the inside with plywood (by far the most time consuming and tricky task! And painted the inside walls, then sealed the edges. Still going strong 1.5 years later :thumb:

photo31_zpsdade2a2f.jpg

We have lino stuck down on the bottom, but they haven't touched it. So Also we put roofing insulation on the back, roof and sides in between 2 layers of wood. My husband made ours and it's really heavy!!

Back