• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Facial Swelling

Wonderful news. You must be so relieved. Was it Honor that you saw?

Yes it was. Back to see her next week for a check up, made the appointment for Friday afternoon as I don't work Friday and travelling there and back is so tiring after work! So happy she is doing so well! She can go back outside with Polo over the weekend, just hope they accept each other ok after being apart a week.

I'm fine thank you Jane, hoping for a nice relaxing weekend to recharge my batteries a bit! Xx

Yes it was. Back to see her next week for a check up, made the appointment for Friday afternoon as I don't work Friday and travelling there and back is so tiring after work! So happy she is doing so well! She can go back outside with Polo over the weekend, just hope they accept each other ok after being apart a week.

I'm fine thank you Jane, hoping for a nice relaxing weekend to recharge my batteries a bit! Xx

I usually find males more accepting of females than the other way round, so hopefully they will get back together quickly and safely :thumb:

Quick update on Lola

She is now back to herself in every way. Very cheeky, very active and very very greedy! We saw her vet tonight and she is very pleased with her progress :D
I am so glad to hear Lola is back to being herself. She is so lucky to have you watching over her and making sure she has top notch care.

All is still going well with Lola!

Had another quick check up on Friday and the vet was really pleased. She said her stitches would start coming out soon and the wound will close naturally but to keep it open and clean as long as possible.
By yesterday some stitches had come out and it's closing very fast but just trying my best to keep it as clean and open as I can but I think by the end of the week it'll have closed.

She's back in with Polo today :love: I did try last weekend but he was being a bit of a naughty bun, so they've been side by side until I tried again today and it was almost instant grooming and cuddling :thumb:

All is still going well with Lola!

Had another quick check up on Friday and the vet was really pleased. She said her stitches would start coming out soon and the wound will close naturally but to keep it open and clean as long as possible.
By yesterday some stitches had come out and it's closing very fast but just trying my best to keep it as clean and open as I can but I think by the end of the week it'll have closed.

She's back in with Polo today :love: I did try last weekend but he was being a bit of a naughty bun, so they've been side by side until I tried again today and it was almost instant grooming and cuddling :thumb:

Thanks for the update Bex. Glad to hear all is well and that they are also getting back together OK.
Hope progress continues to be good :thumb:

Back