• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dont think my buns will re bond

Jojo123

Mama Doe
My two boys fell out after a trip to the vets and have been next to each other ever since but when I try and start to re bond it doesn't seem to go well at all. It ends up with one bun lying on his side and trying to rip apart the other bun. Dont know what to do, my one bun loves company and they will lie down side by side through the partition but when it comes to feeding the one bun tries to fight the other. They are indoor buns and I cant really get them a friend each as two buns is my limit.

When two of my bucks fell out (just after being neutered) I was advised (RU) to keep them totally separate for a few weeks so that they could forget about each other - not associate the other one with fighting.

I did this for almost two months then rebonded in neutral territory (and added two does while I was at it). They are fine now although Frosty chases Snowflake away from food every time I feed them, 2 seconds later they are sitting side by side eating away.

I hope you manage to sort something for your boys.

Yeah tried a few places they haven't been before. They fell out when the babies hormones kicked in so had to re bond after neuter and the allotted time for hormones to die down but they re bonded no problem at all then. Ive tried upstairs, bathroom and the garden all in small spaces the one just starts biting the others face then starts the lie down and attack with back legs x

Back