• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Julie was an amazing bunny and very determened to live life to the fullest

bunnytoes

Warren Veteran
She loved me and my husband and her life. Everyone who stepped in our house fell in love with her even my mother in law who disliked all animals. She is my soul bunny and my husband's soul bunny too if that is possible but my husband and I are soul mates.
7/2003 to 3/2015
She lived a long life for a rabbit of her breed which is an average of 7 to 9 years she was almost 12. She has left a huge hole in our hearts that can never be filled.

We got her when she was around 2 months old. She was being sold by a 12 year old 4 H girl who was breeding for show. She wanted $20. Her breed is mostly sold for meat here in the USA.
We were shocked when we went to pick up the 2 month old baby rabbit who was waiting for us in a teeny tiny cage. Julie very frightened on the 2 minute car journey home. It took her less than 20 minutes to make herself right at home though. We were told that she had never been handled before. I tried to keep in the laundry room to let her settle in but after an hour she said I want to be where ever you guys are. She was a free range bunny with home base in the kitchen which is the center of our home. She was almost always very close to one of us if not with us.

Julie decided that she wanted to be an only bunny but I am pretty sure that she thought that my husband and I were bunnies. She was top bunny.:D
She trained us well. She taught us how to pet her with our feet by jamming her nose and head under out foot. We stood on one foot petting while preparing dinner or cleaning up. Even house guest learned very fast how to pet her at the table while eating. She was a good teacher. She knew how to communicate all her wants and helped herself to food in the frig. She would escape the kitchen sometimes while we were sleeping and head right to the bedroom to check on us but mostly she loved playing with her bucket full of toys all night. She loved toys and rolling balls especially and dragging her teddy bunny around the house by her ear even into her litter box.

She developed arthritis around 8 1/2 / 9 years or so old.
She was coping with her arthritis just fine. You never would of known she had bad arthritis if wasn't for her funny hopping gait. The vet said she just was so determined to hop that when it hurt to move her hips in that she figured out how to hop with her hips out then she walked instead of hopping then she belly crawled then she was stuck on her side and can only move using her upper body and kicking outward. She loved all medicines except for Bayiril and Tramadol. She thought that they were special treats.
She never seemed upset just figured out another way to do things. She used her neck and head muscles and kicked her good foot to slide around and rolled sometimes to get places faster.
The last almost 2 months I was laid up on the couch with a bum knee and she was my companion and taught me how to appreciate like being laid up. She kept my spirits up. She was an amazing soul and with forever be missed. My husband and I did not work outside the house for most of her life with us or she was always right near one or both of us.
Last Wednesday it became impossible to keep her pain free. She was ever so gently helped to the bridge with me and my husband with her.

:cry:i was so sorry to hear of julies passing, but what a credit to your care love and dedication to her, i never realised she was 12yrs that make it even mo re special,, it will be raw for a while but you will look back and be glad she had all those long years with you , big hugs xxx

Oh bunnytoes, I am heartbroken to hear about dear Julie. She truly was a remarkable bunny and I always looked forward to hearing about her and watching the lovely videos that you posted.

Forever in your hearts and minds. Enjoy binkying once again at the bridge beautiful Julie. xxxxx

bunnytoes, you and your husband are in my thoughts. Take care lovely people. xx

A true one of a kind, remarkable bunny will be sadly missed by all who knew her. Binky free Julie xxx

So sorry for your loss, she was a beautiful girl and i never realised she was that old, looked so young in all your pics. Binky free at the bridge beautiful girl, and watch over your mummy and daddy who love and miss you so much xx

Bye Bye beautiful girl xx

You were one in a million :D You gave so much and knew your own mind.
You have inspired so many.

Rest easy now girl. You are much loved and much missed xx :love: xx

I was so sorry to hear Julie had gone, I am not ashamed to say that I cried :cry: I really felt as if we actually knew her, she seemed a larger than life character, an inspiration too.

Binky free at the bridge lovely Julie xx

Sending hugs Bunnytoes, I am sure you will miss her very much xx

Thank you for posting some lovely pictures of Julie.....I had hoped you would. Sat here with tears in my eyes, she was such an incredible bunny and always managed to lift my spirits when I saw photos and videos of her.

Thank you bunnytoes...and thank you Julie for bringing so much light into people's lifes. xxxxxx

:love: :cry: :love: :cry: in equal measures for Julie and you both.
What a lucky day it was for Julie when you came into her life. You are in my thoughts so much. Xxxx

I am so, so sorry to hear about Julie :cry:

She was an exceptional little bun and I have to say that I also cried when I read this post :(

Hugs to you both xxxx

Binky free you beautiful little bun xxxxxxx

Oh I'm so sad to hear Julie was helped to the bridge :( she was so very strong and determined, your stories, pictures and videos of her always brightened my day & she certainly won a lot of hearts.

Julie you were an amazing girl, binky free at the bridge xx

:cry::cry: I know you are so heartbroken and devastated. I am so sorry it was time to let go of Julie, you did the very kindest act of all, free her of pain. Julie will never be forgotten. Xxx

This is sad news Bunnytoes.
My heart goes out to you, your husband & Raul.
I always enjoyed hearing Julie stories because she was such a huge character.
When I first joined RU I noticed Julie straight away because she looked like Parsleys big sister, so I had a soft spot for her.
I loved how as Julie became less mobile you were still able to enrich her life & she still had such an appetite for fun.
She lived such a great life with you but the Julie sized gap she leaves must feel immense.

Rest easy beautiful Julie.
Kia kaha Bunnytoes.

Oh Bunnytoes, I am so saddened to hear of Julies passing :cry: Her story and her life with you was amazing, I always enjoyed reading about it and seeing pictures of her. The bond you had with her was beautiful, and shone through :love:

Sweet dreams Julie bun xxxxxx

Back