Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grass between flags?

Can't help there as thankfully mine don't dig roots up (yet!) But if they did I just get another roll of turf at B n Q

Quote Originally Posted by Summer&Skye View Post
    Thanks Zoobec Suppose I could try a litter tray, just not keen on the idea of hay outside, I am planning on getting corrugated plastic roof putting on the run soon as well so maybe that will help keep a tray drier and make poops easier to sweep up if they're not getting wet in the rain!
    An outdoor litter tray solved this problem for me, just a small corner one so its changed often enough to not get too wet.
    I don't put any hay in it, hay goes in the indoor rack over another tray, but they still favour the one outside

You could have some shallow trays that slot into gaps between the slabs (mesh underneath) and then swap out the trays when they dig out/eat the grass.

We have litter trays outside. They are hooded cat ones. The trick is to find ones without filters in the top so they are pretty much water proof. Our rabbits all love theirs. They use them a lot which keeps their inside housing much cleaner which is always a bonus. They also like to sit on top of the lids

Quote Originally Posted by Tamsin View Post
    You could have some shallow trays that slot into gaps between the slabs (mesh underneath) and then swap out the trays when they dig out/eat the grass.
    Excellent idea, I was thinking of something along those lines as I'll be lucky if the paving slabs fit the run exactly so I'd thought about leaving some spaces to do something like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo's There View Post
    We have litter trays outside. They are hooded cat ones. The trick is to find ones without filters in the top so they are pretty much water proof. Our rabbits all love theirs. They use them a lot which keeps their inside housing much cleaner which is always a bonus. They also like to sit on top of the lids
    I'm going to look out for one thanks