• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do some buns not want space?

Buntybunny1

Warren Scout
Our new bunny who we have had for two and a half weeks lives inside, is not nervous but doesn't want to be outside of his cage. The door is always open but he just stays inside. I put him on the floor in the room and he hops right back in his cage!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine hardly move about in the day and typically want to spend their time in one or two places the whole time, it's just them getting up to eat hay or have drink usually then they lie back down. Come midnight and 4am though they can't stop, all that energy has been stored up all day and just bursts out!
Which is why having so much space 24/7 is important (so they can decide when they want to exercise and also to keep them healthy) as we are usually asleep when they are most active, unless you're Kerbie and think 4-5am is the best time ever to start darting around the bedroom and binkying everywhere and in turn wakes us up! He has his own rugs as he can't handle the lino even with blankets on it.

Last edited:
Back