Thread: Chewing

Mama Doe

Default Chewing

Arrgh!!! I have filled the Hutch with chew toys and cardboard boxes and Bertie is still chewing my beautiful new welfare hutch!!! I still have to get some metal to protect the edges of the vinyl round the hatch to get to the lower level, will probably have to replace the whole vinyl in that section as he has eaten a huge hole out of it. I was hoping ruby would tell him off, being in charge and not being a chewer herself but she just lets him do it. No discipline!!! Lol.

He chews the run also so I don't think it has anything to do with times when he is shut in the hutch.

Unless I can come up with any other solutions I can only hope when he has chewed all of the sharp corners off so that they are flat he will leave it alone!

Fingers crossed! I know how you feel my bun is a chewer of things he shouldn't too

Alpha Buck

My rabbit Flo did this to her run! She chewed at the edges so they were flat so more comfy when she was laying down next to it She doesn't chew it much anymore!
    I think rabbits just chew anything they shouldn't...Flo likes to chew the toys she's not supposed to and not the chew toys haha!

Quote Originally Posted by FloLo View Post
    She chewed at the edges so they were flat so more comfy when she was laying down next to it She doesn't chew it much anymore!
    Worth knowing
    The geeky one... Pronouns: she/her.

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.