• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hugh is having a rough weekend.

icklepxy

Alpha Buck
Since we need to change the 'bunny room' into the 'baby room' poor Hugh has had to move house this weekend. We got him a two tier 6' wood hutch so it will still be big enough when we adopt him a new friend and he will also have free range of the dining room and parts of the lounge. I know it's odd to have a hutch indoors but we really needed something that could convert to outdoors in the summer if needed.

Anyway my Hughey has never been the bravest soul and I knew he'd have some trouble adjusting. He seems to like being closer to us in the evenings but he is still really only using the bottom tier and has no interest in roaming out. He has as many of his things around him as I could manage and that seems to have helped. I also put some of his old bedding in the new hutch. He is eating and outing and drinking just fine So I'm not really worried.

I guess my question is, are there other things I can do to help him adjust or is this just a time and patience thing? Any advice gratefully received!

I think by putting his old bedding in there that should make it seem more like home :thumb: hopefully time will make him more at ease with the situation. Treats might help coax him out :thumb: has he used a ramp before? he might be uneasy about it, especially if it is quite steep. You could put a brick under the bottom or it to make it less steep for him, and maybe cover it with carpet in between horizontal wooden lats to add more grip? Hope he settles in soon :thumb:

Thanks Mrs B.

He is getting much more relaxed now that he's been there for a few days. He's happy upstairs and downstairs in the hutch, and we're even getting happy bunny flops in the 'safer' parts of the hutch. He's even venturing out on occasion to investigate the dining room, but he knows his escape back to the hutch well and he's nowhere near happy enough to binky or bunny 500 or flop on the floor yet.

He's SUCH a big girls blouse.

Back