• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding and neutering

I have a bonded male and female. The male is fixed and the female is due to have her spay in 2 weeks time. I'll be taking them to the vet together but can I put the female back in with the male when they get back home? I don't want to risk damaging their bond and have read that she will be happier being back with her mate afterwards. Any advice gratefully received.

Yes you can keep them together when they come home but keep a careful eye on them for an hour or so as you don't want him humping her. As long as they are calm she should fare better having him there.

Thank you. They have a really strong bond and I don't want anything to ruin it. I bought Sadie home for George last April as the bond between my other pair and george failed. They bonded straight away. I decided to wait until the bond was established before getting her spayed.

Back