• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A friend for my rabbit/indoor housing??

Partyrings

New Kit
Sorry idk if this is in the right place I've got questions about two different subjects !!

I'm gonna get another bun for my current rabbit as soon as possible really, he's going to be three in April so I was wondering if I should get a rabbit of a similar age to him or if it matters? I don't know if it's a good idea to get an elderly rabbit because he's really active but idk if he's as active as a kit.

My other question is the sex of the other rabbit, I've seen some people say the sex doesn't matter as long as both rabbits are fixed but I just want a second opinion on that it doesn't bother me what sex I get, I want to get the sex for him really.

Also another thing, sorry if this should have been on a separate forum, my bun is really happy when I move him inside on rainy days (im careful about the temp change from outside to inside) so I was wondering of I should move him inside perminatley but my only issue is he would have to move into my bedroom, my rooms big so I'm not worried about space and it's cool almost all the time (which is a pain in the winter) I was just wondering is it hygienic for both me and him and another bun to be living in the same space?

And what kind of cage should I get for him, I was looking at a pen from boyles (http://www.boylespethousing.co.uk/rabbit-housing/2x1x1m-rabbit-pen.html) would that be suitable? Just for him to have his own space if he wants to chill out.

If he does move into my room with another bun im gonna get an air purifier if it's safe to do so, just so there's not odors and stuff !!

Thanks guys x

Hoya and welcome!!!!

The only thing that would be essential is neutering. As long as they both been done all should be Okay. (Famous last words!)

That said, many folks have said a male/female duo often bonds quicker although many on here have f/f or m/m bonded pairs.

Many on here have indoor bunnies and as long as your bunny is litter trained , keeping is odour free should be easier, but hay does and will get everywhere!!!

See ya
Fee xxxx

Hi. Your bunny is still young at 3 years of age, so you could get a younger rabbit as a friend. Male/female bonds usually work the best. You will need to introduce them in a neutral area, somewhere your rabbit hasn't been before so decide whether they will be in or out before you get your new rabbit. If you clean their litter tray out everyday there will be no smell, it will only take a few minutes. I wouldn't advise using air fresheners, not good for you or your rabbits!

Back