• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is oilcloth dangerous?

I am making a nic condo and most people recommend vinyl flooring but it's all so expensive! I thought that maybe oilcloth might be a good alternative but I was just wondering if it is too dangerous to use?:shock:

I am making a nic condo and most people recommend vinyl flooring but it's all so expensive! I thought that maybe oilcloth might be a good alternative but I was just wondering if it is too dangerous to use?:shock:

Could you ask if you could have some off cuts of Lino? They tend to be MUCH cheaper.

Thanks I could ask somewhere maybe, hopefully they will do because it's like £50 for the normal packs:? If not then I think oilcloth may be my only option, thanks for the reply:D

Yep, look at offcuts, when they have it on a roll if people order by the metre they can be left with meter or half metre wide strips which aren't much use so they'll sell the offcuts cheaply as it's better than nothing.

I'd be a bit worried about oil cloth being to easy to chew.

If your bunny is well litter trained you could use wood floors and not cover with vinyl.

Back