• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes needed for Doggy bun at the vets :( Update #22

Meggles

Warren Scout
Rushed poor little Doggy to the vets this evening after noticing he hasn't eaten or drank for a good 12-18 hours. His tummy was feeling bloated and he was very lethargic and just not himself.
They've opted to keep him in overnight and hopefully reduce the stasis with some painkillers and gut stimulants. The vet called me earlier suggesting he has signs of a liver lobe torsion.
Very worried about my poor bun. His sister is very confused too.
In need of some good vibes for him :(
IMG_20150115_223706_zpswfqxvvat.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, Doggy will appreciate the love.
Heard from the vet this morning. He has eaten a small out of food and a lot of the gas that had built up in his belly has been relieved. He still hasn't pooped though so they're keeping him another night and will assess if he needs further tests tomorrow. No mention of the liver so I'm really hoping that's been ruled out now. Just really want him home. :(

Hopefully he is responding to treatment, it sounds as though he is. Poo production can take some time to occur after a severe bout of gut stasis. But the fact that he has eaten a little for himself is a very encouraging sign, as is the fact that the gas has resolved. He wont be in so much pain now that that has happened.

Sending lots more vibes for him xx

Hopefully he is responding to treatment, it sounds as though he is. Poo production can take some time to occur after a severe bout of gut stasis. But the fact that he has eaten a little for himself is a very encouraging sign, as is the fact that the gas has resolved. He wont be in so much pain now that that has happened.

Sending lots more vibes for him xx

That has been one of my biggest concerns, him being in a lot of pain. If there are no poops tomorrow they will look at an x rat so make sure he doesn't have a blockage.
They both stayed with a friend of ours last week while we were on holiday, so I can't guarantee he hasn't found something he can't digest.
Fingers crossed for poops.
Poop vibes.

So sorry to hear that :-( I know I don't know you, but I'd be distraught if anything happened to Ghibli. I'll send positive vibes...

That has been one of my biggest concerns, him being in a lot of pain. If there are no poops tomorrow they will look at an x rat so make sure he doesn't have a blockage.
They both stayed with a friend of ours last week while we were on holiday, so I can't guarantee he hasn't found something he can't digest.
Fingers crossed for poops.
Poop vibes.

All fingers and toes crossed here for a good outcome!

I hope he poos soon, to rule out the possibility of a serious blockage.

C'mon Doggy, we are all rooting for you :thumb:

Got a call from the vet this morning, we have poops!! I'm so relieved I can't even put it into words. They say I need to check back later this afternoon and if he continues to improve I can take him home this evening.
Couldn't have asked for better news! Though they have advised he could use a quick dental to trim down his cheek teeth on one side but it isn't urgent so I'll have him booked in for that in a couple of weeks when I get paid again.

Got a call from the vet this morning, we have poops!! I'm so relieved I can't even put it into words. They say I need to check back later this afternoon and if he continues to improve I can take him home this evening.
Couldn't have asked for better news! Though they have advised he could use a quick dental to trim down his cheek teeth on one side but it isn't urgent so I'll have him booked in for that in a couple of weeks when I get paid again.

Great news !! I really hope that he will be well enough to come home later xx

Back