• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny's dont want to use run?

Hi,
my rabbits have quite a large living area in a brick shed, probably 8ft by 5ft, their two runs which are both 6ft by 3ft are attach by runaround tunnels. but they don't seem keen to leave the living area, they will go into the runs occasionally and don't seem scared especially if there is food but most of the time they show no interest in going out. the first day they were in there home they went out quite a bit, and since then puck goes out occasionally and i don't think Harvey has gone out at all. Do they just like inside more? any ideas?

vRQlj4Q.jpg

Mine don't tend to leave their shed much in the day tbh, they are either sleeping or eating hay! Come 10pm though and they're all over the place! That usually lasts half an hour then they lie in the run whatever the weather :lol:

Do they have hidey houses in the runs? A cardboard box/wooden box/hut or something like that might help so they know if they do get spooked/wanted to eat hay/have a chill out they don't need to go back into the shed? :)

I think it's the time of year or maybe the weather. Mine love nothing more than running around the yard but all this week they have refused to come out of their shed and haven't been seen in their run. I wouldn't worry.

Mine don't tend to leave their shed much in the day tbh, they are either sleeping or eating hay! Come 10pm though and they're all over the place! That usually lasts half an hour then they lie in the run whatever the weather :lol:

Do they have hidey houses in the runs? A cardboard box/wooden box/hut or something like that might help so they know if they do get spooked/wanted to eat hay/have a chill out they don't need to go back into the shed? :)

ohh good idea i hadn't thought about giving them a hidey hole outside!

Back