• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor Bunny House Flooring

ghome1971

New Kit
Hi

I have recently adopted two bunnies (around 10 weeks) and plan to keep them indoors. They currently have a make shift run which is fairly small to try and litter train them. They are being let out for regular play and exercise in the bedroom. I plan to dedicate part of my hall to them which is around 8ft x 6ft. It is carpeted. Any ideas on what to put over the carpet to both protect it and provide the bunnies with safe flooring (in case they eat it)? I was thinking about plastic sheeting and then some kind of natural matting eg coconut etc.

You could put some plyboard down with non slip vinyl flooring on top of it, you may be able to get a roll end:thumb:

I love the foam mats for kids as there really soft for their feetsies!
I thought my bunnies would chew them but they don't :)

Hi

Isn't vinyl flooring toxic for them?

Honeybear, I am not sure what you mean by foam mats, do you have a link?

Thanks

It wouldn't be good for them to eat, but so long as they can't get to the edges mine have never chewed it. A lot of people on the forum use it. I use rubber flooring similar to stable matting in my shed for my outdoor bunnies.

We had the foam mats but Fudge weed and the wee went down between the cracks! Fine if your bunny is litter trained though. We've switched to Lino and finding it much easier.

Back