• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can giant rabbits live with dwarves?

Bunnie

Warren Scout
I have two dwarfs bunnies (well actually one might be a mini lop). I am thinking about getting a giant one.
I don't know much about giants but I was wondering if they could live with my two dwarf lops, do their breeds get along?

you can have any bunny with any bunny as long as they bond ok. Rabbits don't care about size I have had all sorts of strange mixes. Obviously its very important they are neutered as I'm sure yours are. I know that if I small female mated with a large male then they can die when having large kits. Also maybe be a little more careful when bonding if you have a large bunny as it could potentially hurt a smaller rabbit more easily.

As above, there aren't specific breeds which won't get along with others. Rabbit breeds are a bit like human races, it's just our appearance that's different.

There's a sticky about bonding trios which you might want to have a read through as it is trickier than bonding a pair.

Having had frenchies (who aren't as big as giants) with two smaller breed does, I would say personality is more of a consideration when mixing sizes because the giant breeds tend to be more lazy and they age quicker. If I were to bond a large with two small I would want getting a fourth (giant) rabbit to be an option, just in case you find the bigger rabbit wants to lie around and snuggle more than it's buddies.

The only part of bonding that matters is personality. To a bun, age, size and breed are irrelevant!

Rabbit Residence has had several little and large pairs!

Back