Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Binky question

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

Default Binky question

I was just wondering whether binkies always involve a twist in the air when jumping? It's just that I thought that Scrappy never binkied, although she does flop a lot, but she does occasionally jump in the air, especially after a good nomming session in her forage box. I'm hoping this is a binky. Or maybe it's just static from the rugs
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Dandy and Beano, my manic outdoor pair, often twist when binkying, whereas Boots, my more sedate indoor bunny, often does more of a wriggly hop

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

Wriggly hop. Somehow that's given me an image of Boots on the dance floor at a terrible 80s disco
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy's Little Helper View Post
    Wriggly hop. Somehow that's given me an image of Boots on the dance floor at a terrible 80s disco

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy's Little Helper View Post
    Zoobec, everytime you mention your bun Boots, I think you mean me

My three do all sorts. They twist in the air, but sometimes they also do a jump on the spot; so they go from completely stationary to being up in the air, then landing back where they were! They might also do the bunny 500 mad laps around the run, and change direction constantly. Sometimes when they're feeling lazy they just do a sort of body twitch on the spot, with no take off
    Chinook and Illy are my wonderful buns

Crumpet and Elmo, you'll always be my best friends x

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    Zoobec, everytime you mention your bun Boots, I think you mean me

My three do all sorts. They twist in the air, but sometimes they also do a jump on the spot; so they go from completely stationary to being up in the air, then landing back where they were! They might also do the bunny 500 mad laps around the run, and change direction constantly. Sometimes when they're feeling lazy they just do a sort of body twitch on the spot, with no take off
    every time you post it makes me look twice, almost as if Boots Bunny has posted it

Sounds like a binky to me Bunnies binky in different ways I've noticed.

Chewie is very springy and he likes to get a lot of height: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duOoGnRepUM Sometimes he even does a 180 and ends up facing the other way!

Smudge sort of runs, jumps, and wiggles her bottom all at the same time Unfortunately I don't have a video of that.

Lopsy jumps funny: like a hop but with more height than necessary. Sometimes he bashes into the bars of his run with his feet and bounces off it (makes a terrible noise indoors ) and sometimes he rears up like a horse and then bounds off. But he's a weirdo ;P
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Binkies don't even need to be them leaping off the floor. Some buns do "head binkies" where they shake their heads and ears whilst hopping, especially older buns or buns with less mobility do this...or sometimes they are just lazy! Fiver does this to me whenever I walk in the room, sometimes he does a full binky but generally it's the head shake. Although, flicking their ears can actually be a sign that they are annoyed you can generally tell one from the other because of context. So if I pick Fiver up and put him down and he shakes his ears at me then it means I have annoyed him. If he does it when I'm feeding them then it's a head binky.

Ellie. You'll always be in my heart. I love you.

Rosie. I can't believe you are no longer at my side. I miss you so much. Wait at the bridge for me.
    Larka. I miss you every moment of every day. You were stolen from me and I will never, ever recover from the heartache of losing you. You should be by side and instead you have gone forever.

Blueberry does a twisty binky Lady Katherine usually just does a big hop in the air whilst playing but sometimes twists. My others are too lazy to binky

Dexter, Badger & Blackavar - binkying free in bunny heaven since 11.12.11, 29.4.14 and 1.8.15. We will meet again one day, until then, I'll carry you in my heart.

Also remembering Peppermint, Stella, Keira & Cookie - bunnies before RU.