• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tell me about fibafirst

Sarah1989

Warren Veteran
As title really. I need to get some weight on Blueberry. Is it any good? Not just weight gain I mean, but is it a good supplementary feed for poorly bunnies (I know they can have it even if they're not poorly.) I'm just thinking of anything I can do to help him whilst we work out this mystery illness.

I used Protexin Pro fibre for alice when she lost a lot of weight and it was an absolute godsend!!
It looks quite expensive but it lasts ages as I used it with normal food too.

I've not had it before, but I have ordered some to give as treats, so if you like when it comes I can let you have a bit for him to sample :thumb:

I've got some for my bunnies and they all go mad for it. Today Blueberry especially isn't interested in eating anything else. How much can you give them each day? Is it like hay and unlimited or like pellets and only a bit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've started using FibreFirst long fingers with one of my rabbits. When she went off her pellets and hay I gave her some of these and she started eating them, so it was good to get her eating something dry again instead of just vegetables. It's not something they go mad for, but it is something she likes to eat every night. So I would say they are very good for a rabbit not eating properly. But I don't know how healthy they are compared to other foods.

I've got some for my bunnies and they all go mad for it. Today Blueberry especially isn't interested in eating anything else. How much can you give them each day? Is it like hay and unlimited or like pellets and only a bit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feed Fibafirst like they are pellets. Mine get 8 Fibafirst sticks per day (they are a mini rex and a lionhead). This seems to maintain their weight.

Back