• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mia's diary

J&R

Mama Doe
I promised Babsie updates on how Mia got on so thought this would be a good place to put it.

Sat 7th Feb

After quite a long journey I got to my new house and after hiding for a little bit, thought I'd best go check it out. Here I am exploring

f8def3018b61464fe700533b5cd7c9ed_zpsfeffb860.jpg

I wasn't sure about some of the noises, especially the one that comes from inside the cupboard under the stairs so I would only eat my dinner if Jo sat with me but I managed to eat half a pouch of food and some biscuits as I was quite hungry after my long trip.

Then we had some cuddles on the sofa and watched a movie but I was getting a bit sleepy by then so missed the end of the film.

I woke up in the middle of the night and was a bit bored so played with my toys. I was very good and quiet though and only woke jo up once, she knew I'd been playing though as my toys were all over the place this morning!

Last edited:
Photobucket has frozen but more pics to come

Sunday 8th

I have discovered that there is a radiator behind the sofa, so lying behind sofa is a nice warm place for snoozing. This has taken up most of the day.
I did however check out the view from the top of the sofa, from which I can see bunnies running round the garden.

Last edited:
I have discovered that there is a radiator behind the sofa, so lying behind sofa is a nice warm place for snoozing. This has taken up most of the day.

:lol::lol: Typical cat!

So glad she's settling in nicely. A heartbreaking situation but a fantastic solution all round :D

Aww she is lovely - glad she is settling in well. She has lovely dainty little feet :love: (my Persians sound like elephants passing :lol:)

So the toy playing at night has got a bit more energetic. She does indeed have dainty paws but when they are launching her off the top of the wardrobe at 2 in the morning they are not so quiet!
4 this morning she was tearing up and down the stairs :lol:

She's happy to eat without me sitting with her now :thumb:

So the toy playing at night has got a bit more energetic. She does indeed have dainty paws but when they are launching her off the top of the wardrobe at 2 in the morning they are not so quiet!

She sounds to have settled in really well :thumb:

Your post really made me giggle!

Do you want to swap her for Bella, who has spent the last two nights clawing at imaginary somethings on the bed, punctuated by pouncing on my feet! :lol: Obviously making up for all the nights she has had to sleep under the bed because Mia was on it.:roll:
Or, indeed, Shaolin who is walking round the house yowling (yes, yowlin Showlin), looking for Mia. :lol:

I think this is the 'honeymoon' period (you know, when she is on her best behaviour :lol:) ....;)

Oh poor boy, hope he settles soon.

If waking me at 2 and 4 is best behaviour I hate to think what I'm in for next! :lol:

She's so nosy too! Has to get into everything, when I woke up this morning she was up on my dressing table sniffing everything, even sticking her nose into the drawers! She has been on my lap for a cuddle this morning as I'm off work but has now taken herself off for a snooze :)

She sounds like such a little character that's now coming out to play :lol:

And such a pretty girl too :thumb:

Sorry for the lack of updates, have not been too well this week. Mia's fine, and been a very cuddly lap cat whilst I've been feeling sorry for myself
She was playing with a scarf in my bedroom at 5 this morning so I had to tell her to stop, she came up and got under the duvet with me for a snuggle instead :D

Back