• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am I being an over cautious bunny mum?!

HoneyBear

Mama Doe
I'm already having nightmares about the buns getting stolen or killed when I put them outside :(
I've just ordered 2 heavy duty locks and padlocks, a huge security light and a fake cctv camera!
Too much haha?!?!

I'm already having nightmares about the buns getting stolen or killed when I put them outside :(
I've just ordered 2 heavy duty locks and padlocks, a huge security light and a fake cctv camera!
Too much haha?!?!

I don't think it can ever be too much for our buns ;)

Wow a little extreme?!
Mine are in our back garden unlocked and the only light is one we can turn on from inside, where do you live?!

Ours are fairly secure although the lock on the shed is just a basic shed lock that came with the shed. We do have a padlock on the gate on the alleyway leading to the front garden but that was put in place to stop the children escaping when they were small, to be honest! Although I have to admit I feel better generally knowing that it's there. If someone wanted our rabbits they'd have easy access via next door and hop over the communal fence, remove the run and that's it; they're in. Luckily however we live in a fabulous area so I don't have any worries of that nature.

I live in a very rural area, literally in the middle of nowhere but we had our ponies let out the other night.
A few months ago we had our garage broken into and I was so scared because the guinea pigs are in there but the policeman who attended said that in regards to animals there is very little to worry about. He said burglary is common as there is financial gain but harming animals is very sadistic and fortunately very rare. Much as we love our small furries fortunately they are actually worth very little xx

I'm just concerned as we have access through a back alleyway. I've caught kids playing with air rifles out there and we have also found muddy footprints on our garage roof.
I'd never forgive myself if something happened and I'd rather be to careful than regret not being careful.

I'm just concerned as we have access through a back alleyway. I've caught kids playing with air rifles out there and we have also found muddy footprints on our garage roof.
I'd never forgive myself if something happened and I'd rather be to careful than regret not being careful.

Tbh I wouldn't put my bunnies outside if that had happened in/near my garden, although I am very paranoid.

Not over cautious, just sensible esp given that you have had kids with air rifles and found foot prints on the garage roof.

Back