• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Minimum shed size for a trio?

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
I know bigger is better but I'm just wondering what the absolute minimum would be?

The are medium sized lops, shed is being attached to a large run as well for permanent access

Personally for a trio I'd want to go for at least sort of 8 x 6 really. That's based off of having my two in a 6 x 4 shed - I feel like I can't add enough interesting things to sit on, run through and play with while having enough litter trays! Although it does depend a lot on the size of the run/aviary which is attached - if it's permanent access I feel like I could go a bit smaller with the shed if I was pushed for space, and if there's a huge aviary/run I wouldn't be so concerned in getting the biggest shed ever. Also depends on their ages and any disabilities too, and your DIY ability! For instance if they're agile little things you could add shelves but for an older/blind/neurologically challenged bun a larger flat floor space would be better.

So basically I have no idea :lol:

I really wish I could have a bigger shed so that I could keep their hay etc in the shed, and have a separate little shelf for medication time etc. So that might be worth considering :D

I'd also say 8x6 would probably be a good size, 6x6 maybe at a minimum taking their large run into consideration.

yaretzi said:
I really wish I could have a bigger shed so that I could keep their hay etc in the shed
We're in the process of setting up a 6x6 shed for our buns and even that is proving challenging space-wise. My OH has made a wooden "hay bin" to fit in one corner. The bales will fit neatly inside and the buns will be able to sit on top when the lid is closed so they haven't lost any space.

Ooo like the hay bin idea.

My quad are in an 8 x 6 shed, no run yet (recently moved). I reakon that would be fine with a run attached.

The hares have a massive 10 x 6 shed (also waiting for a run) which seems a really good size. Even when the quad were in a 10 x 6 shed with a 10 x 6 aviary attached (at our last place, how I miss that garden) I wanted something bigger for them. Its so hard seeing them enclosed ...

I'd say 6ftx4ft with looking at building a sleeping platform like Sarah Jane did (MissySJ) xx

Thanks guys :thumb:

Not sure what size the run space is yet.... need to measure it.

I'm going to have some levels in the shed but I need to make them either high sided or completely enclosed as one is partially sighted

Back