• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The boys gone to be neutered

xnaomix

Warren Scout
My boys gone to be neutered this morning, I almost cried when I left the vets [emoji17] I do hope he's ok.. Making me tear up writing this, I'm such a plonker [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always cry when I leave a bun at the vets, no matter what for. Quick recovery vibes for your boy, and comfort vibes for you. *hug*

Sending lots of vibes for him, hope you have got plenty to do to keep your mind occupied today :thumb:

Thank you! I'm still waiting to hear from the vets! She said she'd ring at 12 [emoji20]

Hope all goes well. The only problem I had with my boys when they came home was trying to keep the little monkeys still, you wouldn't have thought after an hour or two of being home they had anything done xx

They've rang.. He's fine [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4] so pleased!!

Deffo [emoji4] going to collect him in an hour.. Hopefully he hasnt fell out with me!!

He said when he came round it was like nothing had happened lol he got straight up & went to the food bowl.. Little piglet [emoji4]

How long should I leave it before I can put him with his wifey.. They've been licking each other through the cage for weeks now lol

What a relief :) Boys do tend to bounce back quickly, just keep an eye on his wounds to make sure he doesn't chew at them!

Which one is his wifey, is she the one with the litter or without (sorry, I've lost track of who is who, I think I'm remembering the right bunny family but please forgive me if not!) If the female is unneutered then they do need to be kept apart for at least a month (6 weeks is the normal recommendation to be on the safe side) to ensure that he doesn't have any sperm left lurking inside him which could still impregnate a female for a few weeks yet! If the female is already neutered (or if you can get her done soon) then they can go back together as soon as the wounds are healed. If she's the one with the babies then they'll need to stay separate until the babies are all sorted out as apart from getting her pregnant again he could very well attack and bully the babies.

Glad to hear that all went well :D

9baa226342042a95e28e08020b4aa1a9.jpg
8f772c2e23bac7fa8f0b6a560081ab44.jpg

Straight back to wifey [emoji4] he's fell out with me though lol yeah gf is Wendy (baby's mummy) he won't go in with the babies but maybe them two in the run together, the vet said after his 7 day check they can go together :)

the vet said after his 7 day check they can go together :)

Noooooo! Your vet is talking medically, regarding the safety of his wound recovery - he could still get her pregnant after 7 days, I'm afraid you need to leave it a month at least in order to prevent a further pregnancy - she could easily get pregnant again and would then be utterly exhausted with 2 litters so close together (not to mention all the other complications that would bring!)

As she is still raising her litter, I would suggest leaving them near enough to say hello but not get together until the babies are old enough to leave mum, it could end up really confusing her if she gets put with him and then taken away again, and risks her getting cross with her babies as she and the little ones might get very frustrated at all the changes in bunnies and smells. Personally I don't think it's worth the risk of upsetting the whole lot of them or risking another pregnancy.

Back