• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Squeaking noise??

That's whats annoying, he seems fine except for his hiccupping type behaviour you could treat other symptoms. I do like it that she said she would have to refer me though. She could just throw various treatments at him, makes me feel my vet puts the bun first of she admits that she will have to refer him if it continues xx

So, Buster had his metacam for 2 nights the noises stopped for a few days then returned last night. Rang the vet and she said try the metacam again so gave him some last night and he is the same today. Just gave him another 0.2 ml so hopefully with calm down his noisy breathing. Rang the vet this evening and I am being referred to Manor Vets in Edgbaston. Had to have Busters details faxed over so I can make an appointment. Referral cost is £85 for the appointment, it better be a good vet. Anyone heard if they are any good there?

Just thought I would update in case someone comes across this post with the same problem. After £800 worth of tests he could have snuffles. Vet found some puss up his nose that she thought could be a different types as in each nostril it was a different colour so had to have two cultures done so have to wait 7 days for the results so they know what antibiotic to give him.

Eight hundred pounds ... kripes.

Lots and lots of 'getting better' vibes for Buster.

Just thought I would update in case someone comes across this post with the same problem. After £800 worth of tests he could have snuffles. Vet found some puss up his nose that she thought could be a different types as in each nostril it was a different colour so had to have two cultures done so have to wait 7 days for the results so they know what antibiotic to give him.

Good luck with it all. I really hope all you are doing will provide a solution - you couldn't do any more :shock:

Crikey :shock:

I really hope that antibiotic treatment resolves the problem xx

Thank you and god for insurance! :D (if they pay out but don't see why not)
He had...
Rabbit x ray 1 £54
Rabbit x ray 2 £154
Rhinoscopy £309
General Anaesthetic £126
Culture and Sensitivity £131
Lab fees £8
Metacam Injection £12
And metacam to take home and his nails done

They said its better to know what antibiotic to give from a culture then he should be on it for 6 weeks. She said that ive caught it really early must be why he didn't have any other symptoms as yet

Back