Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Squeaking noise??

That's whats annoying, he seems fine except for his hiccupping type behaviour you could treat other symptoms. I do like it that she said she would have to refer me though. She could just throw various treatments at him, makes me feel my vet puts the bun first of she admits that she will have to refer him if it continues xx

So, Buster had his metacam for 2 nights the noises stopped for a few days then returned last night. Rang the vet and she said try the metacam again so gave him some last night and he is the same today. Just gave him another 0.2 ml so hopefully with calm down his noisy breathing. Rang the vet this evening and I am being referred to Manor Vets in Edgbaston. Had to have Busters details faxed over so I can make an appointment. Referral cost is 85 for the appointment, it better be a good vet. Anyone heard if they are any good there?

Just thought I would update in case someone comes across this post with the same problem. After 800 worth of tests he could have snuffles. Vet found some puss up his nose that she thought could be a different types as in each nostril it was a different colour so had to have two cultures done so have to wait 7 days for the results so they know what antibiotic to give him.

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo123 View Post
    After 800 worth of tests
    Crikey

I really hope that antibiotic treatment resolves the problem xx
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

Eight hundred pounds ... kripes.

Lots and lots of 'getting better' vibes for Buster.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo123 View Post
    Just thought I would update in case someone comes across this post with the same problem. After 800 worth of tests he could have snuffles. Vet found some puss up his nose that she thought could be a different types as in each nostril it was a different colour so had to have two cultures done so have to wait 7 days for the results so they know what antibiotic to give him.
    Good luck with it all. I really hope all you are doing will provide a solution - you couldn't do any more

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Crikey

I really hope that antibiotic treatment resolves the problem xx
    Thank you and god for insurance! (if they pay out but don't see why not)
    He had...
    Rabbit x ray 1 54
    Rabbit x ray 2 154
    Rhinoscopy 309
    General Anaesthetic 126
    Culture and Sensitivity 131
    Lab fees 8
    Metacam Injection 12
    And metacam to take home and his nails done

They said its better to know what antibiotic to give from a culture then he should be on it for 6 weeks. She said that ive caught it really early must be why he didn't have any other symptoms as yet