• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Water dispenser

Wererabbit

Young Bun
Bry only drinks from a bowl but he keeps tipping the 'chicken' style feeder despite it holding 3L of water. I think it's because he can't get his huge head into it properly.

Can anyone reccommend a heavy bottomed water dispenser where the 'bowl part isn't too large - don't want to risk little Bonny drowning!

P.S
They have a hanging bowl in the run, which he nudges out every day so will be too messy inside.

Thanks

He won't drown, just get a big heavy bowl. I use the largest brown ceramic ones that say 'dog' on them, they hold just over a litre and are really heavy when full. I have a bowl-tipper here too :lol:

He won't drown, just get a big heavy bowl. I use the largest brown ceramic ones that say 'dog' on them, they hold just over a litre and are really heavy when full. I have a bowl-tipper here too :lol:
If you don't fill it too much too, then no problems! The biggest ceramic ones are about 10" across, so you can just put an inch or so in the bottom and it should still be too heavy to tip. The problem with filling a receptacle with water to hold it down is as soon as the water moves, the whole thing can be moved as the momentum of the water changes the mas distribution.

I have one of those "chicken feeder" style water dispensers as well. I've wedged mine into a corner and they've not managed to tip it over there as they can't get behind it to push. :)

I have the bottle bowl from zooplus, can't recommend it highly enough.
As it goes, although I quite like my "chicken feeder" water bowl, I've been looking for something new for when their shed is finished, something that takes up less floor space . . . so I've just ordered one of these! :D

If my OH can build a whole shed I'm sure he can put together a holder for it so it can be attached inside the shed. :)

Back