• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Homemade Toys for Bunnies

BunnyLover34

Alpha Buck
Hi :wave:

I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas for homemade toys? Now Lance is finally back to his adorable self :D, he is as hyperactive as usual and I need some new ideas to keep him entertained!

It doesn't take him long to get bored of one particular toy and it soon seems to get expensive when I have to buy new toys all the time! If anyone has any economical or interesting ideas I would be very grateful.

Thank you :)

Toilet paper tube treat toys.

Take the leftover cardboard from a toilet paper roll (or a paper towel roll), stuff it full of hay with some healthy treats wedged in (I usually just use a few pellets or some dried fruit). Mine will play with these for ages, and they're all things that are laying around this house anyway :) Something that jingles in the middle (we have a wooden thing with a bell in it that goes down well) if they like noise also helps. Plus you can kinda switch up what's in them week to week.

Be prepared to be cleaning up shredded cardboard though.

Toilet paper tube treat toys.

Take the leftover cardboard from a toilet paper roll (or a paper towel roll), stuff it full of hay with some healthy treats wedged in (I usually just use a few pellets or some dried fruit). Mine will play with these for ages, and they're all things that are laying around this house anyway :) Something that jingles in the middle (we have a wooden thing with a bell in it that goes down well) if they like noise also helps. Plus you can kinda switch up what's in them week to week.

Be prepared to be cleaning up shredded cardboard though.

Thank you :) I'll definitely give this a go!

I made these for Cucumber from toilet rolls, stuffed with hay and treats, then tied them onto string and hung them from the washing line :) I was quite pleased with my creation but Cucumber couldn't care less! She's not really in to toys :/

10570340_333583343496881_268950541168581162_n.jpg

With the toilet rolls, cut little slits in the edges and then fan them out to give your bunnies something to chew on as well

I made these for Cucumber from toilet rolls, stuffed with hay and treats, then tied them onto string and hung them from the washing line :) I was quite pleased with my creation but Cucumber couldn't care less! She's not really in to toys :/

10570340_333583343496881_268950541168581162_n.jpg

That's a great idea! shame she didn't appreciate your wonderful creation!..

Back