• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Materials for hutch expansion

You need very heavy duty galvanised weld mesh (19g or 16g) with 1 x 1/2 inch square or better still smaller. This is to prevent bunny chewing out or a dog or fox chewing in. I've been able to buy it on amazon/eBay before.

Brilliant thanks :) There's no problem with dogs and foxes round us but I just don't like her being in the whole yard when it's dark.

Trouble is you won't know that you have a problem until it's too late. I forgot to say that the run should also have a lid and be bolted down to slabs to stop anything digging in.

The whole yard is walled in so unless foxes can jump really really high she's safe :) Yepp I'm working out the best way to waterproof it at the moment whilst still being breathable. Tricky...

Foxes can jump/scramble 10ft with relative ease! Whilst a fully walled garden should be pretty safe it is best not to assume. Walls also tend not to stop birds of prey which whilst aren't as common have been known to take pet buns :shock:

Cats will also hunt rabbits and I've seen one climb the side of a shed to get to the roof! Badgers can climb too, though they're usually too lazy to go for rabbits.

Back