• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello! Any ideas what breed Howard is?

Hello new to the forum here,

I've had Howard for three years now, but as he was a rescue rabbit we have no idea what breed he is. I suspect he may be a cross-breed, but have no idea really even after some basic research. He is of a medium size, quite stocky built with short legs, very round back, lop ears and has an almost triangular shaped head. His fur is of a medium thickness and length and is mostly a light grey in colour with some pure white. Temperament-wise he is very comfortable around people and some people have even commented that he behaves like a little dog.

Find attached these pictures which I hope may help identify his breed(s) - many thanks in advance

WP_20140127_011_zpse5b960f7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Is that a child's chair? If it is then I would guess a cross with some dwarf lop in him.

If it's an adult chair then he almost certainly has some giat such as Frenchie in him!

He is lovely :love:

Thanks for all the responses and kind comments - although I don't think I've seen a rabbit on here that isn't gorgeous in some way!

I did think he may be a French Lop or a Holland Lop after doing my research, but it was his head that never really matched, it looks more angular than most French and Holland Lops. I suppose he could have some other breeds in him way down the line though.

The chair is only a child's chair by the way, but it isn't a tiny chair. As I said he's a medium size, certainly not a dwarf breed but not one of the giants either.

I would say Dwarf Lop.

Holland/Mini Lops will weigh under 2kg, ideally something like 1.5kg. 2kg - 4kg is Dwarf Lop territory and over 4kg is French Lop!

hi and welcome to the forum he is a lovely bunny, I would say he is a dwarf lop, his face is to rounded to be a mini lop (Holland lop in usa) mini lops tend to have flatter faces :wave:

Oh he is so gorgeous he is a lop of some kind :oops: I don't know :oops::oops:

I have one of those chairs in the garden the seat has fallen thru with my bunnies jumping on it :roll:

It has been out there 3 years tho :lol:

He looks lovely , a very similar size, look and build to my wee Floppy who was a dwarf lop cross.

Don't know what he was crossed with though. Xx

Back