• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone use the Kerbl Hay Rack with Wooden Seat

Lisa F

Mama Doe
I'm starting to buy furnishings for the buns new shed as I think it's be nice for them to have some shiny new things :D

I've been looking at this hay rack and just wondered if anyone else is using it? http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...ASIN=B000NINWWC&linkCode=as2&tag=best4bunn-21

Currently they have two large wire hay racks (they eat an absolute TON of hay) in addition the hay in their tray. I figure that two of these would work nicely, look smart and they can jump on top if they want to. :)

Yes, I have one for Boots, and he likes it :thumb: I bought one for Dandy and Beano in addition to having hay in the littertray, but they chewed up all the bars in less than a week :shock: :lol:

I've got two but Millie and Maddie don't seem to like eating out of it and bit one of the bars out a few weeks ago. I put their hay on top of them now because they are next to their hut, so they sit on the hut and eat from the top!

My two have one and love using it. They don't chew the wood, just the hay. :)
They look nice and would stop them getting their feet in the top if they climb or jump up. My two never sit on the lid though.

I didn't find them anywhere near big enough, even my mini lops would only just about fit ontop.

I didn't find them anywhere near big enough, even my mini lops would only just about fit ontop.

Yes, they aren't very big, I think the main thing is that at least they can't jump on top and get their legs stuck.

Yes, they aren't very big, I think the main thing is that at least they can't jump on top and get their legs stuck.

I agree its an excellent safety feature, but the size issue also means you'd need multiple to supply anywhere near enough hay for them.

Also some bunnies will chew the bars leaving sharp edges or a gap they can get their head stuck in.

I agree its an excellent safety feature, but the size issue also means you'd need multiple to supply anywhere near enough hay for them.

Also some bunnies will chew the bars leaving sharp edges or a gap they can get their head stuck in.

Yes that's definitely true, I have to put hay in the litter tray as well as the rack for Boots. He's not a chewer luckily, but Dandy and Beano are, and they removed all the bars in theirs :shock:

I fill mine up about four times a day and put hay in the tray too - that's the way my buns like it though, fresh out of the bag hay is best! :)

Back