• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've just pre ordered Bear, Alice and Talullah's new outdoor home!

HoneyBear

Mama Doe
I'm gutted that they are going outside but my husband has put his foot down and we do need the room back.

If my babies have to live outside of course they will be living in luxury I have just pre ordered a custom dog kennel!!
We're going to insulate it, it will have light and a heater for the colder nights, as they have always been house bunnies I worry about the cold.
I've chosen a beautiful lavender colour to paint it as well and can't wait to buy them new toys and things to go in it!

Spoilt bunnies :lol:

Awe poor bunnies being thrown out :lol:

it sounds like a luxury new home tho :D

Can't wait for pics when they move in :D

It's exciting isn't it?! :D I have just ordered a playhouse for my buns but have asked for the eaves to be slightly taller than me so stop me hitting my head! Now the shopping for inside can begin!

I have heaters in my kennels, it makes a real difference and takes away the worry on cold or damp nights.

My kennels are lavender too, with cream doors.

I don't know whether you've already thought about it, but it's worth insulating underneath the floor too. A lot of cold comes up from the ground. We used the thick polystyrene type of insulation under the floors of our kennels. We didn't do our playhouse as we did it think about it until after it was up, but we regret it now as you can definitely tell the difference.

I have heaters in my kennels, it makes a real difference and takes away the worry on cold or damp nights.

My kennels are lavender too, with cream doors.

I don't know whether you've already thought about it, but it's worth insulating underneath the floor too. A lot of cold comes up from the ground. We used the thick polystyrene type of insulation under the floors of our kennels. We didn't do our playhouse as we did it think about it until after it was up, but we regret it now as you can definitely tell the difference.

Thanks for this will definitely do this now I'm really worried about the cold :(
My bunnies sit under the radiator when it's cold in their room haha!

Ooo great idea about floor insulation. Will do the hares' shed when I put the new floor down.

Sounds like you lovely trio will be very well catered for. Looking forward to pics.

Back