• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The bunny mansion

tabithakat64

Mama Doe
The bunny mansion is finally finished.

There's a 7x3.5 shed with cat flap, multiple layers and lots of toys. Then a bespoke run which gives them over 150 square feet of space.

It cost just over £500 to build and furnish and around 40 to 50 hours of work, mostly due to the awkward shapes. It's all been weatherproofed twice too and is very sturdy so should last a good long time.

some of the panels and surrounds are hinged so they are easy to lift out and provide walk in access rather than climb in and crawl under

That run is such a fantastic use of the space, and it's so well fitted! I'm very impressed at all the angles :lol:

Ha, good use of one of those (IMO terrible) concrete panel sheds! We had one piled up on our driveway until I got it removed XD

That's brilliant! What a great job, must have been hard work but well worth it! They have so much space!! :)

The set up looks great! How did you attach the green snuggle safe tunnels for using as ramps? Would really like to try this when our new shed is done but was worried they would end up dipping right down in the middle. Yours look great.

Great use of awkward shaped spaces. That's a lovely big run and I think it's nice that they get a random shape space with corners and different views instead of the standard square.

The green tunnels are attached with screws, I was worried they'd be too steep, but they managed fine with them. They have a little digging area two it's nearly two paving slabs big but only 50cm deep and all lined with mesh.

Nice... have you thought about insulating the shed as those concrete panels get very cold during winter..

Jealous!! What a great way to use an awkward space.. must have been very demanding getting round all those angles! Lucky buns. Good to know it will last a fair few years!

Hi, I am a new bunny owner and am trying to learn everything I can about proper care :) I have a 3 month old bun and he is the sweetest thing ever. I love him dearly. I have no clue what breed he is but I think he may have some lion head in him due to the long hairs at the top of his head and around the face. If you have any ideas please let me know. Also is this hutch big enough for him?
7f198837950c8acfdfe1b5d6a17b3794.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back