• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

White blob in eye

Moonstone

Warren Scout
Millie has a very white blob in her eye. She has an appointment at the vet in two hours but meanwhile I'm having a little panic as I have no idea what it is.

I also don't know whether to take Archie to the vet with her. They are semi-bonded, they've been living side by side with a fence between them and often lie together, she grooms him through the bars. Started dating them again a week ago but they haven't yet sorted out who is the boss (he wants to mount her, she dashes away from him). Because of work I'm not going to have time to properly bond them for another two weeks, I think they need full-time bonding (dating is not really making progress).

A run in a carrier together can be good during a bond.

Where is the blob in her eye....it's not her eyelid or sleep is it?

Millie has a very white blob in her eye. She has an appointment at the vet in two hours but meanwhile I'm having a little panic as I have no idea what it is.

I also don't know whether to take Archie to the vet with her. They are semi-bonded, they've been living side by side with a fence between them and often lie together, she grooms him through the bars. Started dating them again a week ago but they haven't yet sorted out who is the boss (he wants to mount her, she dashes away from him). Because of work I'm not going to have time to properly bond them for another two weeks, I think they need full-time bonding (dating is not really making progress).

You've probably been to the vet by now, but I had a rabbit with what sounds exactly the same thing. Turned out to be uveitis, precipitated by EC ... However, it can also be caused by Pasturella.

Good luck at the vets x

I'm so relieved! Millie's eye was looking fine again by the time I put her in the carrier and the vet said she though it was a ulcer that had healed. She's had a milder mark of something in the same part of her eye a few times this week so that made sense to me. Apparently it may return but at least next time I'll know what it is.

Thank you for your support. Bunny bonding went well this evening too :)

Glad it is good news :)

Bunnies have a way of making a vet visit pointless at times.....I paid £38 the other day as Hollie wasn't eating hay and I wanted her teeth checked, when we got home she ate hay almost straight away, wee scamp

I'm so relieved! Millie's eye was looking fine again by the time I put her in the carrier and the vet said she though it was a ulcer that had healed. She's had a milder mark of something in the same part of her eye a few times this week so that made sense to me. Apparently it may return but at least next time I'll know what it is.

Thank you for your support. Bunny bonding went well this evening too :)

Good news and nothing serious to worry about at the moment. The best we can hope for with our buns :shock::lol:

Back