• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

First time foster carer

Scrumpy66

New Kit
Hi, I'm Toni. A few months ago I agreed to become a rodent foster carer for the Rspca, after I'd adopted four degus from them. We also have guinea pigs and a hamster, and have have gerbils on the past, so I'm fairly experienced in all things rodent.
Well about a week after I agreed to foster the beautiful George arrived in our lives. He had been rescued from a cupboard in a house full of cats, and was in a pretty poor state. He is my first experience of a rabbit, and to say we are all smitten is an understatement!!
We were given a fairly moderate size hutch and run from the Rspca, which was a big improvement from where he had come, but we have now converted our daughters old wooden Wendy house for him, so he has lots more room. We have attached the run with a tunnel, so he has some outside space, but our next priority is to enlarge his run.
I suspect we may end up adopting him, and of we do we will need to try and find him a lady friend, as I hate the idea of him being on his own outside. I keep telling myself that for now though his circumstances are a hundred times better than they were.
I shall try and attach a photo of our handsome fellow, he is a lionhead btw.

Awwww you have a bg heart..... Welcome to you and your furry family!!!

Hi there. :wave:

I managed to upload pictures from my iPad but needed to use my BFs photo bucket to create the URLs for the images to go into the text. He had to do it all for me though as he is on another forum which uses the similar kind of set-up.

Hope you can get some pictures up, he sounds like he is being spoilt in comparison to previous. :)

Awwww George is stunning :love:

My Poppy is a failed foster as well :lol: (although I have been a successful fosterer a few times as well!)

In fact your George looks like a fluffier version of my Loki :love:
DSCF3121_zpse9bf9b44.jpg

She is gorgeous, and you're right, our George is a fluffier version of her!
Failed foster, that about sums me up!! I will still foster again too though if we keep George, we still have the hutch the rspca gave us, so space for another one!!! My husband just despairs of me, as I fall in love with every animal I see!

Well, no wonder you fell in love with George xxx:love:xxx

What a little beauty.

He reminds me of a fluffy Mottle; (at our old house with his beloved Peaches)

Back