Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there a breed you keep your eye out for?

Default Is there a breed you keep your eye out for?

This lovely Satin chap: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...et-crossbreeds made me wonder, is there a breed or particular colour/patterned bun you're waiting patiently to turn up in rescue?

Sort of. Dutchie caught my eye because his breed and colour matched Bella and Chloe I wasnt really looking for another one

Evie I was looking for a bun and again she was the one because her pattern matched Albert and she was local

I wouldn't know enough about different breeds to be able to tell which one a rabbit was (unless it was a really obvious breed like a rex or dutch!)

I'd love a REW and I always seem to see them in rescues, just never see them at the right time!

Mama Doe

I'm not currently looking for any bun, but there are a few breeds I love the look of that, if I ever come across at a time where I am looking for more buns, and so long as their personality is suitable, I would probably get. If that makes sense?

Black and tan. Though I wouldn't have space if I found one just now.

I waited four years for a magpie harlequin mini lop.

I've also craved a black and white butterfly dwarf lop, I will find one one day.
    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)

Either a Dutch rabbit, a Belgian hare. Although just recently I've seen a little agouti dwarf Fox rabbit I've seen on a breeders website that is super cute. I love wildies too they have the sweetest faces.
    Last edited by tabithakat64; 30-12-2014 at 08:45 PM.
    Bunny mum to rescue rabbits Cinna, Katniss, Prim, Haymitch, Rose, Shadow, Claudia, Ollie, Blue, Willow, Belle and Ruben
    Binky free at the bridge Kylie boops, Desbun & Nemo. Miss you so much
    Manager at Rabbit Residence Rescue

I've got to admit, since missing out on one years ago, that either a Flemish Giant or a harlequin lop (and female please) would just about complete me...but as I've sworn to no more rabbits after these it is a forlorn hope.
    I also didn't realize the amazing personality that the rex/minirex bunnies have and I should've had one or more long before now.

But honestly, if I could adopt more and give them lovely lives, any bunny would do.

Not any breeds specifically, I go for markings. I love butterfly lops, especially ones that aren't perfect (just like my Tapla!). I really want a black and white or a blonde and white one I love seal point or any point bunnies, black and white, blue, chocolate brown, white lops, and all types of harlequins I love bunnies with mismatched eyes or silly mixes like lop eared dutches. I really love lops more than uppy eared And I do love helicopter eared bunnies!

Frenchies
    Mum to five lovely bunnies & two gorgeous doggies
    Sadly missing Benji, Peanut Butter, Bonnie, Cupcake, Noodles, Pud, Ted, Rufus, Albie and Pickle

Visit our etsy for dog bandanas! www.etsy.com/shop/ChloeSuzanneDesigns

Quote Originally Posted by yaretzi View Post
    Not any breeds specifically, I go for markings. I love butterfly lops, especially ones that aren't perfect (just like my Tapla!). I really want a black and white or a blonde and white one I love seal point or any point bunnies, black and white, blue, chocolate brown, white lops, and all types of harlequins I love bunnies with mismatched eyes or silly mixes like lop eared dutches. I really love lops more than uppy eared And I do love helicopter eared bunnies!
    Oh, I forgot seal point, also smoke pearl... Though I would say dwarf lop is my favourite breed I realised in the last few days that although my older bunnies are all dwarf lops (8 bunnies), since Barnaby (8 bunnies) none are dwarf lops, though a few are mini lops.
    Last edited by Bunny Buddy; 30-12-2014 at 09:44 PM.
    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)